“Alot of hype but big letdown”
Review of Garrison Bistro

Garrison Bistro
Ranked #18 of 269 Restaurants in Chilliwack
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I like the atmosphere it was good but the price and the food was a disappointment. We had appys and dinner the portions were small at 20.00 plus a meal you shouldn't leave hungry. The taste was OK for higher end restaurant you want to have incredible flavour. Might give it another shot could have just been a off night.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

The food is good, even though the restaurant is always over-staffed the staff are always distracted (a lot of time spent sitting at the bar - spending more time watching the tvs than the guests). The food is really good, some odd pairings that almost work, but overall I'm just not a huge fan of the menu - which changes often to go along with seasonal foods. I've tried the pastas, the fish items, the chicken items, but I have yet to find anything I'd repurchase again. Which is probably why I only go there when everything else just seems so far away. The flat bread pizza is really good, but when you order it from the appetizer menu is just comes out with the meal anyway.

1  Thank PhaneW
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I wanted to take my neighbor out for a special goodbye lunch so chose Garrison Bistro as I had been there in the past and it was very good. The first problem was that we were advised to sit outside as a large party was booked for inside. It was very cold outside in the shade and even though they turned on the patio heater and with a blanket wrapped around us, we still froze. It took an hour for our meal to arrive. The server first apologized, saying they had a large party inside and then later said they had a computer glitch. If they weren't able to handle the numbers they should have closed the restaurant to the "party" and not let the rest of the clients outside suffer. When the food did eventually come it certainly was not worth the wait and was overpriced as well. We will NOT be returning to Garrison Bistro - even if they did give us a free cup of coffee as some kind of compensation. It's possible that they were just having a bad day but I won't be giving them another chance. There are other places in Chilliwack to eat.

3  Thank CanadaMarilyn
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Bacon lettuce tomato avocado on a croissant

Small dinner roll size croissant, too much garlic? Mayo

Fries were soggy and greasy

App of tempura asparagus, was breaded in flour deep fried asparagus with a seafood dip? Not tempura batter or bread crumbs (panko)

$24 before tip with a coffee

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We had never been before so we were pleasantly surprised by the nice decor and atmosphere. We started with the crab cakes and then my husband had the New York steak and I had the salmon special. We also had the cheesecake for dessert. . The presentation was great and everything tasted really good. Our server was fantastic. The only negative I could say was that it was a little pricey for a mid week date. We will be back but probably on a weekend.

1  Thank debathome