“Great Place for a Sunday Brunch”
Review of Trillium restaurant - CLOSED

Trillium restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: This restaurant is in Minter Gardens. There is a separate entrance where the general public can go without paying admission to the garden.
Chilliwack, Canada
“Great Place for a Sunday Brunch”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We live in the area and so have been to this place many times over the years. We have never been disappointed with either the food or service. The selections are numerous but not to the point of there being just to many to pick from. Another nice thing about this place is that it is connected to Minter Gardens which has over 30 acres of grounds to explore. We have grandkids who just love to have lunch and then work it off in the gardens.
So give it a try. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited September 2012

Vancouver, BC
“Save your Money!!”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I have been to many fine restaurants in my lifetime and even those that serve ordinary everyday food. My first time at the Trillium Restaurant (at Minter Gardens, Chilliwack) for the "Nutcracker Brunch" in December, 2012. Well, there were a couple of toy soldiers decorating the place but those were the only few holiday ornaments. As I squeezed the last of the orange juice from the self-serve container, I mowed down someone from the kitchen and finally got some water. We were told "Santa" would be there but I guess he was busy working overtime at the Pole. Ordinary pickles, cheese, crackers, fruit, salads but nothing out of the ordinary. That was the cold food - thank goodness it was supposed to be cold. Most of the other food was lukewarm at best. Even though the waffle machine was within the carver's reach, lo and behold, my waffle was already ready waiting to be placed strategically on my plate. Wow. The english muffins were burnt, the hollandaise tasteless, the bacon was overcooked and the sausage was hard from being warmed up too many times. All of the desserts came from this one particular pre-packaged food store; I know, I've bought them myself! Thinking this would be a great treat before Christmas, you are better off driving to Coquitlam and visiting the Best Western for their scrumptious brunch! This was not worth the $29.95 per adult, that's for sure !!!

• Visited December 2012
Chilliwack, Canada
“Trillium Restaurant @ Minter Gardens in Chilliwack, BC Aug/2012”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Visited this location on account of a coupon in the local paper, which was $20 for entrance to the Minter Gardens AND the Buffet Lunch at kthe Trillium. First, the food was very good. Hot and plenty of it, except for one pan of the Lasagna was never refilled...and it wasn't too late as more people were arriving. But the choices of salads, meats, veggies, main courses, and desserts were very good and tasted great. The service, well, had to ask twice for refills of water and coffee. So I would give the restaurant an overall rating of good. However, for the value separately neither would not be on my list of things to run back to. Separately, the gardens were $17 and the meal was $16...so with our coupon for $20 (not including our lovely HST), it was a good value. Might visit the restaurant without the gardens, cuz hey, they are just flowers!! But lots of photo ops. Enough said....you can be the judge.

• Visited August 2012
ABBOTSFORD B.C. CANADA
“Great Sunday Brunch Buffet”
Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I drove out to Minter Gardens to try there buffet this morning and were pleasantly surprised. We arrived right as the buffet opened so everything was freshly made. The selection was great and the service was better. We will make the 45 minute drive to enjoy it again. We have been to quite a few buffets over the last few years and have come to expect typical buffet food. The quality was as good as any Vegas buffet with a smaller selection of course.

mission bc
“Disapointing”
Reviewed January 16, 2012

We really enjoy the Minter Gardens, we have seasons passes and vist 10+ times each year. We have eaten in the restaurant 5 times, usually when we have out of town visitors because it is convenient while visiting the gardens. We found the food not really that good. Standing a lone I doubt they would make it. The buffet is cheap for a tourist location, but the price is reflected in the quality. The deserts with the buffet are not good at all. Service is hit and miss, expect to go find your cream when it's busy. Staff are all very nice but lack that "on the ball" service intelligence you get at better restaurants. When it's just the two of us we usually stop elsewhere for lunch or dinner (Harrison Hot Springs area usually) or just grab a sandwhich in the gardens courtyard.