“Love the homemade food!”
Review of The Preserved Seed

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Preserved Seed
Ranked #55 of 271 Restaurants in Chilliwack
Cuisines: Healthy
Reviewed September 24, 2013

This place has homemade bread, soups etc. They grow all their own vegetables too! if you like good food and service this place is for you!

Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

If you're looking for a quaint deli for a simple meal, this is your place!!!
I live in South Surrey but occasionally travel to Chilliwack for business and I haven't eaten anywhere else since I stumbled upon the "Yellow Deli", back when it was called the "Preserved Seed". I've been eating here for over 2 years now and I've never been disappointed.
Great staff, good quality simple fresh food and clean, including the restrooms.
They also now have an organic bakery and store now. What more could you ask for?

2  Thank JonLopes
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Yep and all the sandwiches are steamed and served with homemade chips and a pickle. This one in particular, I believe is the only steamed tofu sandwich in town. OMG, It is so delectable!...

My friends both had the steamed turkey sandwiches and declared them fantastic, so, there you go... My wife only wanted dessert so she went for the "Sunshine Pie", an amazing homemade smooth light lemony orange cloud of a pie. I knew it was very good as this was not our first visit there and it won't be the last!! I love to surprise my friends from out of town with this rustic and lovely, yet simple restaurant.
The decor is colorful and is very cool with far-out murals (read them for a laugh!). Served by older and younger hippies-type, the love is good, the food is great and the ambiance restful from the outside world, just a nervy step away. This venue is right downtown, close to the hospital. Very busy at meal time so get there early. Music is on every Wednesday night , I am told. Have not been yet but is on my calendar... Also an amazing fact, advertised outside, it is opened 24 hours a day!!

The "Preserved Seeds", next door, sells genuine hippy-ish homemade breads and stuff and also some hard-to-find organic produces and groceries... Give it a try, you will be back...

1  Thank Pool G
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We finally got a chance to stop in here for lunch last week, and were not disappointed in any way. The place is cozy, quirky, and very welcoming. Pretty relaxing atmosphere and way mellow staff.
Great chili, soup, breads, and what my son referred to as, "The best waffle ever". That's high praise from a waffle expert.
We will visit here again soon, and probably quite frequently. Looking forward to trying something from their sandwich selection.
It's not open on the weekends, so it's weekdays only.
Great value for great food and a great vibe!

1  Thank adognamedrocky
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Our first visit to the Yellow Deli. Understood it to be somewhat 'down to earth' and was very true to it's word. But regardless our group of 7 had some good food. we personally shared the Ruben Sandwich, and had a side salad and a side Lentil soup, all of which was good. Slightly disappointed with the Ruben as was a bit soggy...thought it would be toasted. Anyway, will for sure return to try other items on the menu. Of the others they tasted the Chilli and Curry soup, and people said the coffee was very good. All in all it was a nice little lunch. Clean interior, wait staff was very courtious, even somewhat humorous. Service seemed not very 'on the ball', as the table visits were lacking. Food was not over priced. I believe the Ruben was $8.50, side soup or salad was $2.50, large soup was $8.50 and very big, half soup was $5.50 and plenty big. Give it a try. Very earthy!