“lukewarm buffet food - scary!”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Bay Leaf Restautant - CLOSED

Bay Leaf Restautant
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Seating
Description: This is a Fine Dining Indian Restaurant with Bar.You enjoy here lot of Indian Apitizer,and tandoori sizzlers like lamb tikka and seekh kabab and tandoori chicken,and authentic indian chicken Curries like butter chicken,handi ckicken,and lamb korma, with vegetarian also like shahi paneer,palak kofta,okra, etc.our deserts are mouthwatering enjoy with the Bar
Chilliwack, Canada
“lukewarm buffet food - scary!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

Great service but we are all waiting to see what might come of eating here. All was well, but won't return.

Visited December 2012
3 Thank tellurian2013

Chilliwack, Canada
“East Indian Buffet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

I go for the buffet, which includes an ever changing array of food. I love trying the different dishes. Delicious naan bread is always fresh and usually delivered to the table, piping hot. Service is attentive, but not intrusive. Worth the flight of stairs, although there is an elevator as well.

Visited August 2012
5 Thank PatP8
Chilliwack, British Columbia, Canada
“Ugh”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

I'm not sure why they even bothered trying to open a restaurant. The food was Bad to Horrible, and the service was... well... it felt like our waitress spent 30 years working in a truck stop before finding a job here. I will give most restaurants 2 chances, but not here. I cringe at the thought of going there again.

Visited August 2012
3 Thank Spencer R
Rochester, United Kingdom
“Bland, no choice, dirty, awful service and decor.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

With a split on the positive/negative reviews, and really fancying a curry, I had to give it a go. I'm on holiday from England, where we have some of the best curry houses in the world, but through travelling, I've also been to some very bad ones and this was one of the worst. A buffet implies a choice of meals, but here it was Butter Chicken or Butter Chicken. When we arrived there was NO chicken in the Butter sauce, so the waitress pored a bowl of cooked plain chicken into the sauce, which could have and probably had been, there for weeks. That's NOT how to cook a curry! Yes, there were a few vegetable accompaniments, but very limited and straight out of a tin. When I asked for a beer I was offered Ale, which in the UK is a tradition and one of my pleasures. It was brown and wet. That was as near to Ale as I can give it. It was full of CO2 and chemicals. I really feel sorry for you in Canada if that's the best you can do for an Indian. An awful experience all round.

• Visited June 2012
5 Thank Fatfunfan
Chilliwack
“Utterly shameful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

Went as a party of five for a birthday dinner. Decided to give the Bayleaf another chance after a terrible take out with canned/frozen vegetable curry last time and revolting pakora.
The buffet was pitiful - a Veg Korma that had clearly been re-heated from lunch with SWEETCORN AND CANNED/FROZEN veg - again. No other veggie dishes, foul meat sludge passing as curry and meatballs...seriously?

Complaints fell on deaf and ignorant ears - I refused to order in the end after two women and another guy claimed they had no idea what I meant by 'authentic vegetarian food'. Was offered a paneer curry in the butter chicken sauce - with no chicken in it, as they planned to pick out the oddly cubed processed chicken. Explained I did not want paneer - yet after 30 minutes waiting for a vegetarian curry they came out again and offered me paneer and spinach on the house, but I would have to pay for pilau rice! My party had all finished a very sub-standard re-heated buffet, so we left. Never again.

Utterly shameful service and a disgrace to Indian cuisine. The Shandhar Hut will keep my business.

• Visited June 2012