“Good for a short visit”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Calgary, Canada
“Good for a short visit”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

We were a little apprehensive when the desk clerk was on the phone when we arrived. He continued to speak with that customerr for a further ten minutes without acknowledging our presence at all. However, check in was accomplished speedily once he was off the phone.
Rooms were clean and comfortable. Restaurant on site had gone out of business but apparently an "IHOP" will be taking its place shortly. There is a two burner convection stove top in the room with a small fridge. All cooking amenities are provided. This would be nice if a person planned on staying for a few days. Conviently located and there is a Tim Hortons just a couple of minutes walk up the street

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
TravelodgeChilliwack, General Manager at Travelodge Chilliwack, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear halowings,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us at the TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Travelodge Chilliwack. The IHOP restaurant has just recently opened and it offers wide varieties of dining options to our guests. Our Kitchenettes are always a guest favorite, and I am very happy that you enjoyed the amenities and utensils that you found in the room.

Once again, thank you for your review, and we look forward to accommodate you in the near future.

Best Regards,

Kevin Poon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Delta, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

Stayed at the Travelodge for one night. We were pretty late arriving (gone 11:00 pm) and by that point, just really wanted to get into our room and sleep so it was a little disconcerting when we were allocated a room that when we entered had not been cleaned. I have to say it turned me off the place a little as you really don't need to be going into a room and seeing someone else's mess. I went back down to reception and then had to wait close to 20 minutes whilst another person was checking in before I could address this problem. I had also heard the guy take a phone call whilst I was standing there, advising the caller that they were fully booked so I was standing there wondering if I would have to wait for the room to be cleaned and what time me and my 12 year old daughter would be getting to bed. Anyhow, they assigned me a room which was out of commission due to on going problems with air conditioning and a broken stove top. He did go and check it to make sure it was clean before we walked in.... So by the time, we got into our room it was 11:45 pm and I was a tad frustrated and tired to say the least. Anyhow, the room itself was comfortable and did turn out to be clean and I found the bed to be comfortable - although by 11:45 pm, I think any bed would have done!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Nothing special but clean and easy to find. Friendly staff. Kitchenette well stocked with cooking utensils and pots and pans. Beds are comfy, more on the firm side. Restaurant closed during our visit.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
British Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed here and had booked 5 rooms as we were a large group traveling together for a conference being held. The rooms were spacious and clean but very basic. My room had a little kitchen that included a cooktop and a well stocked kitchen. The only complaint we had was for those of us on the second floor we did not have any water pressure in the shower. We had hot water but the water just dribbled out and several girls with long hair complained they couldn't wash their hair very easily. The front desk said this was a new issue and didn't know why it was happening. The group that had rooms on the main level didn't have this problem. On the positive side the front desk staff were excellent and helped us out when we ran into a little problem with our trip. If I was in the area and needed an inexpensive room for a night or two I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Richmond, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

My boyfriend and I needed a place to stay while we partook in Sturgeon Fishing on the Fraser River.
We chose this hotel because of its proximity to The Great River Fishing Adventure. We were not disappointed in any way. Even though the bathroom was ridiculously small and the heater/air conditioner was noisy, everything else was outstanding. The behind the desk clerks- Jillian and Megan were friendly and accommodating. The beds were heavenly and inviting. A flat screen TV with multitudinous channels was a nice touch. Even though the motel is close to the freeway, the noise was muted by the trees outside our room. You'd have to be a very light sleeper to be aware of the traffic. The motel/hotel does not have an on-site restaurant at present but is a short drive from assorted eateries that would cater to any palate. We would have liked to have taken a dip in the pool and hot tub but we were too exhausted from fishing.
I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

Despite renovations it still pretty dull inside.
Basic hotel and a basic price but the staff are helpful and friendly.
They need to get their windows cleaned - our room was terrible could hardly see outside.
Hotel pool and hot tub looked like dirty bath water so did not use them.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
North Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Went out to stay for the weekend and visit family with my grandchildren. They are fixxing up the hotel and making it even better than it already is. The people that work there are great and treat my grandchildren with respect. We only stay at the Travelodge when we go to Chilliwack. It is a great place to take family also they are re doing the whole hotel. and there is going to be an IHOP there soon. The pool is nice and so is the spa. I really enjoy the stay there and I know that my grandchildren do too. They greet you when you come in and anything you might need they will get for you. I need to have extra pillows and they make sure I get them. you do not have to worry if you have children with you they will welcome them as well. the owner is a great guy and makes sure that all of his guests are taken care of. if for some reason your reservations have been mixed up they will make sure to correct them for you. if you need a wake up they will wake you up. the beds are so comfortable and great to sleep on. when you walk into the room it smells so nice and clean. they leave you enough towels and tolietries for everyone and if you need more all you have to do it ask and they will give them to you. it is very easy to get to just off the highway and close to other shops. it has a small gym that the guests can use,

Room Tip: all of the rooms are good.