“Comfy wknd”

Travelodge Chilliwack
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Chilliwack
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 5, 2013

My boyfriend and I needed a place to stay while we partook in Sturgeon Fishing on the Fraser River.
We chose this hotel because of its proximity to The Great River Fishing Adventure. We were not disappointed in any way. Even though the bathroom was ridiculously small and the heater/air conditioner was noisy, everything else was outstanding. The behind the desk clerks- Jillian and Megan were friendly and accommodating. The beds were heavenly and inviting. A flat screen TV with multitudinous channels was a nice touch. Even though the motel is close to the freeway, the noise was muted by the trees outside our room. You'd have to be a very light sleeper to be aware of the traffic. The motel/hotel does not have an on-site restaurant at present but is a short drive from assorted eateries that would cater to any palate. We would have liked to have taken a dip in the pool and hot tub but we were too exhausted from fishing.
I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Despite renovations it still pretty dull inside.
Basic hotel and a basic price but the staff are helpful and friendly.
They need to get their windows cleaned - our room was terrible could hardly see outside.
Hotel pool and hot tub looked like dirty bath water so did not use them.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Went out to stay for the weekend and visit family with my grandchildren. They are fixxing up the hotel and making it even better than it already is. The people that work there are great and treat my grandchildren with respect. We only stay at the Travelodge when we go to Chilliwack. It is a great place to take family also they are re doing the whole hotel. and there is going to be an IHOP there soon. The pool is nice and so is the spa. I really enjoy the stay there and I know that my grandchildren do too. They greet you when you come in and anything you might need they will get for you. I need to have extra pillows and they make sure I get them. you do not have to worry if you have children with you they will welcome them as well. the owner is a great guy and makes sure that all of his guests are taken care of. if for some reason your reservations have been mixed up they will make sure to correct them for you. if you need a wake up they will wake you up. the beds are so comfortable and great to sleep on. when you walk into the room it smells so nice and clean. they leave you enough towels and tolietries for everyone and if you need more all you have to do it ask and they will give them to you. it is very easy to get to just off the highway and close to other shops. it has a small gym that the guests can use,

Room Tip: all of the rooms are good.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Not much good places/chains to sleep at in Chilliwack. If i remember, this is one of the only chain as I would rather choose Holiday Inn and such.

No breakfast included (not even basic Super 8 style i.e. toast and watered down orange juice).

Room is basic good enough for 2 nights.

Front desk was friendly.

I had to request my Whydham points online afterwards because they were never credited.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
TravelodgeChilliwack, General Manager at Travelodge Chilliwack, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear Johnnycalgary,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us at TripAdvisor. Our hotel is currently in the process of renovation and we are committed to provide a more enjoyable experience to you and our future guests. The new on-site restaurant, IHOP, just established few weeks ago and it offers wide varieties of dining options for our guests. At Travelodge Chilliwack, our goal is to provide you the service and quality that meets and exceeds your satisfaction. We hope that you will still consider us again in the near future with the new amenities that we have added in the renovation.

Best Regards

Kevin Poon

Reviewed February 15, 2013

we stayed at this hotel while out for vacations.rooms were nice and clean.front staff is great.we enjoyed spending some time in pool.we.the best thing about this hotel is that it's close to highway.its very quite place to enjoy your stay if you live in a big city like seattle.our beds were very comfy.my wife was so glad that we stayed here. enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
TravelodgeChilliwack, General Manager at Travelodge Chilliwack, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear Andrew S,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. I am so glad to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us at the Travelodge Chilliwack. Aside from the close proximity from the Highway, we are also within short distances from major restaurants, local attractions and shopping centers. Once again, thank you and we look forward to serving you in the near future.

Best Regards,

Kevin Poon

Reviewed February 10, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stayed overnight in one of their pet friendly rooms on Jan. 27, 2013, as I had a puppy with me. First off the attached restaurant was shut down and there was none close by. Upon arriving, there was no hot water in my room, and the phone service to the desk didn't work. After walking way down to the desk with puppy in arms, I was told they thought they'd had that problem taken care of, and they'd see what they could do. I went back to my room and tried to read my emails. The password they gave me didn't work. I was feeling like I was coming down with something, so I played with the puppy for a while and decided to retire early after the puppy settled down. By then the water was getting to be luke warm, so I gathered they had just turned on the water heater. After getting ready for bed, I pulled back the covers on the bed, only to find there were no blankets! A bottom sheet, two top sheets and no bedspread, that's all. Hello....this is the end of January folks! Because the phone didn't work and the pup was finally sleeping, and I had signed a waiver saying I wouldn't leave the pup unattended in the room, I decided to just turn up the heater. Two hours later the room was still cold so I grabbed the towels out of the bathroom and covered the bed with them for warmth. The heater, which didn't heat until I cranked it up to 85 degrees, clanked, groaned and gurgled all night! I will give this hotel a 1, as at least they had enough of pillows in the room so I had something to put over my head to muffle the noise of the heater! I got very little sleep and woke up sicker than a dog. Slightly better than sleeping alongside the road in a snow bank, and a motel stay I will always remember. Don't do it!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business