“Great for pets”

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Chilliwack
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Great for pets”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We usually stay at this hotel on our annual trip through the lower mainland, as a pit stop when it's late and we're tired of driving. Our last stay was in August 2013. We'll stay again.

About the pets:
Many hotels that claim pet-friendly status put us in the older rooms that appear not to be maintained or renovated, or even in a smoking room (gross), and then charge a premium for the honor. Believe it or not, some (most?) pet owners have standards too, and responsibly bring blankets for them to lay on, don't let them climb on furniture, and don't leave them alone in the room. When hotel owners show respect to pet-owning customers, I hope that the customers show them respect back. The pet rooms that we stay in here are very clean and spacious, with patio door access to the parking lot. There are large grassy areas to take them to, with trash bins provided. Even treats at the front desk. These may sound like small things, but they are huge to us when we're traveling, and we actually feel comfortable staying here with the dogs.

About other things:
As mentioned, the room was clean. The breakfast is good, with fresh juice, boiled eggs, toast, premade waffles, yogurt and more. There is no eating area, but we prefer to eat breakfast in our room with the morning news anyway. The staff (including breakfast attendant) were very friendly. The hotel is located near quite a few restaurants - fast food, sushi, bistro, family dining. The price was average for this class of hotels.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kwpapers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

We have been travelling around southern BC and have had fantastic rooms; this place however is disgusting. The doors to the bathrooms need a good washing with dirt stains under the handles. The room smelled and the hallway smelled worse. The TV connection was fuzzy like we used to have when we had the old TV antennas. NEVER would I recommend this hotel. I rely on Tripadvisor ratings when travelling and was surprised this hotel has such a good rating. Don't stay here!

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Mojamies4

Travelers are raving about these Chilliwack hotels

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I was surprised to see how well rated this hotel was on tripadvisor but after reading another review here, I discovered why. We stayed here 2 nights and were put on the 2nd floor (old room, smelly, noisy and out of date)... whereas I see they've renovated the 1st floor. As a Choice Hotel member, I have to say I'm disappointed that I was offered a nicer room. From what I could see, they weren't sold out. Hmmm... not impressed. We had a lovely view of the parking lot of the mall and were woken up by the housekeeping staff at 9 AM (we were on vacation with 2 kids, so would have like a sleep-in). I won't be coming back and wouldn't recommend it.

Room Tip: Make sure you insist on the 1st floor until the rooms are renovated on the 2nd
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BillieLea
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stayed 1 night to break a long journey. Large, clean room with 2 comfortable queen beds. Good A/C and standard facilities. Friendly staff on check-in desk. Restaurants nearby (ate at Earl's - 2 mins walk), shops, supermarkets, gas stations all around. Would stay again if in the area.

Only slight niggle was the complementary breakfast (which was fine - basic but adequate) but NO seats to sit on - had to carry trays of food back to 2nd floor room - surely even a small room could be found with some seating?!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank grh55556
Chichester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Very comfortable, clean and friendly hotel. Easy to find, near to BC1. Only one issue really and that was the lack of a lift. We were on the second floor and had to carry the cases upstairs, not a major issue, just a bit awkward. Excellent restaurant (Rickys) next door.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I had a weekend (overnight) visit to Chilliwack to judge a BBQ contest in the area and this was a perfect place to stay, as my event at Chilliwack Heritage Park was just 1.7 miles away. The hotel entrance and lobby were clean and the woman at the desk who helped me was friendly and helpful. My room was nice - I had a spacious room with a queen size bed, a couch, a table and chair, a dresser and a flat screen tv and a nice sized bathroom. There were plenty of free channels to choose from on the tv. You could get free wi-fi. The room had a good heater/cooler - I was able to warm my room up fairly quickly (within 15-20 minutes). The bed was comfortable, the sheets felt clean. I was on the second floor in about the middle of the building. You are next to the freeway, so you will hear the din of freeway noise, which after a while, you tune it out. I could not seem to locate and elevator, so I had to lug my stuff up and down the stairs. My room was next to the stairs, so it just was easier to use them. The area has all kinds of places to eat within a couple of blocks - sushi, pizza, Italian, steakhouses, fast food, etc - all within walking distance. All in all, a decent place to stay - very convenient location. Easy to find.

Room Tip: They have mainly non-smoking rooms. I think they have six smoking rooms. Don't smoke in the non...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed March 18, 2013

we have been coming here every month this past 7 months and the staff is really nice and they welcome us very well and the rooms are clean and we will come back here for sure. its nice to have comapentry breakfast the next morning.

Room Tip: nothing at all the whole building is wonderful nice and quite
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mr_Mrs_White744
HawkeyeGM, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you very much, we are glad that you enjoy our hotel.