“Sturgeon Fishing on the Fraser River”

Great River Fishing Adventures
Ranked #1 of 13 Tours in Chilliwack
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Founded in 1988, we are one of the largest fully guided sport-fishing operators on the Fraser River and it's tributaries. Every year, thousands of tourists from all over the world visit us to experience the world-renowned fishing and natural wonder of the Fraser River in beautiful British Columbia. This calm water fishery features over ten species of sport fish and year round opportunities for the novice and expert angler alike. We fish the #1 Sturgeon, Salmon and Trout rivers in the World. We specialize in multiple styles of fishing to meet the needs of any angler. Have you ever caught or touched a real living Dinosaur? We specialize in targeting White Sturgeon, a species that can grow over 20 feet in length and over a 1000lbs. These magnificent creatures make spectacular jumping displays and runs that will excite every angler. We also fish for all 5 species of Wild Pacific Salmon and boast the largest and most experienced team of fly fishing guides on the entire river. We exclusively travel to the Upper Pitt River and Lillooet River to chase sea run Dolly Varden, Bull Trout, Rainbow and migrating Salmon. When fishing with us the opportunities are endless and each adventure is personally customized so you can focus on the reason you are here......to fish!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Reviewed December 10, 2012

This was by far the very best charter fishing we could imgine. It is everything we envisaged. True river fishing, not trolling and fighting the boat and ocean currents but stricktley fighting the fish in the Fraser River. Our guide was the best, Dave supplied us all with a detail account on the fishing the Fraser River. Not only did he do this but also supplied us with a history of the river and the ecosystem and the current rehabillitation efforts and the recovery of fish habitant in the Fraser River. I knew from the get go that once I talked with Dean [owner] that this was the charter for us. No regrets, thank you so much a true fishing adventure of a life time..We will be back....

1  Thank ikandon

Reviewed December 5, 2012

You have to experience this adventure of catch and release fishing for yourself! Next year we are going to take the jet boat up the mighty Fraser to try our luck catching some more of those beautiful fish. PLEASE SANTA HINT HINT

Reviewed December 4, 2012

My guy and I do alot of float tubing for trout up in the interior lakes and go out on his jet boat often on the Fraser trying to lure the great sturgeon. Thought it would be a great experience to spend an afternoon sturgeon fishing with experienced guides. Man, the experience was amazing. Shawn and Steve were fantastic. Sharing their experiences and secrets to their successes.
We landed 11 sturgeon, not going more than 10 minutes without someone with a rod in their hand, bringing in another one. Was almost time for us to head back to shore, when rod #4 had a hit.... was my turn. End result was a 6 foot beauty... thinking around 150 pounds (thanks to my sweetie for taking over the last 5 minutes.... my arms were done.... tired).
Would go on another adventure like this in a heartbeat. Thanks for an amazing afternoon

Great_River_Fishing, Director of Sales at Great River Fishing Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Hello Marlene and thanks for the review, That was absolutely an incredible day and the pictures you sent were awesome. I know Steve and Shawn had a great time on the river with your group and we hope to see you back again real soon and hook you into some more big dinos.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

I experienced one of the most unique fishing days of my life. I am used to trolling and mooching for salmon off of the West Coast, and I must say, I really enjoyed Sturgeon Fishing on the Fraser.

It was my first time doing this type of fishing, and our guide took the time to explain techniques, methods, tides, bait, basically anything you could ever ask for. The guide was exceptional and the operation was professional.

I was with 3 other buddies, one of whom is an experienced fisherman, and the other two are just getting into it. We all had a great time, very memorable and we will all be able to tell fishing stories about how big these dinosaurs were. I caught my two biggest fish, a 111 and a 118 pounder in my life. My friend, caught his first fish ever, a measly 170 pounder.

I would recommend this trip to anyone from beginner to expert. I would even take my grandma out there!

Great times, great memories!

Fraser

1  Thank FraserKettner
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Had a great day out on the water fishing for sturgeon. Shawn was our guide he knows his stuff! He knew when to change it up and kept the fish biting all day long. Hooked 3 that were well over 100lbs and a bunch more. I highly recomend these guys and can guarantee an amazing time will be had by everyone. Thanks for great day out!!!!