“Amazing Dinos on the Fraser”

Great River Fishing Adventures
Ranked #1 of 13 Tours in Chilliwack
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Founded in 1988, we are one of the largest fully guided sport-fishing operators on the Fraser River and it's tributaries. Every year, thousands of tourists from all over the world visit us to experience the world-renowned fishing and natural wonder of the Fraser River in beautiful British Columbia. This calm water fishery features over ten species of sport fish and year round opportunities for the novice and expert angler alike. We fish the #1 Sturgeon, Salmon and Trout rivers in the World. We specialize in multiple styles of fishing to meet the needs of any angler. Have you ever caught or touched a real living Dinosaur? We specialize in targeting White Sturgeon, a species that can grow over 20 feet in length and over a 1000lbs. These magnificent creatures make spectacular jumping displays and runs that will excite every angler. We also fish for all 5 species of Wild Pacific Salmon and boast the largest and most experienced team of fly fishing guides on the entire river. We exclusively travel to the Upper Pitt River and Lillooet River to chase sea run Dolly Varden, Bull Trout, Rainbow and migrating Salmon. When fishing with us the opportunities are endless and each adventure is personally customized so you can focus on the reason you are here......to fish!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access
Reviewed November 5, 2012

There is not enough space to rave about this company and their service. Dean (owner) is a true gentleman and all around great guy. I have gone twice now and both guides (Jeff and Benny) that I have had have made the experience unbelievabling enjoyable. We were made to feel like we were being taken fishing by old friends whom we have known for years. Our trip in the Fall 2012 brought in 15 sturgeon! To see the look on sturgeon virgin's faces when these monsters jump full body into the air is awesome. What else can take a total new comer to fishing and make them book two boats for the next fall? From start to finish Great River Fishing Adventures has hooked me and my clients.

1  Thank Dizc

Reviewed November 5, 2012

A great time! We got one sturgeon on that spooled the reel (It must have been huge!). The next one we landed was over 6ft. long and weighed about 140lbs! Our guide was great and knew all the good spots. I'll be going again, for sure!

1  Thank malakwa
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We had a great time travelling by boat on the incredible Fraser River. Matt took us to several fishing spots and we had success catching 2 Sturgeon fish. Interestingly, one had not been tagged previously so Matt tagged the 5' 100 lb Sturgeon. Amazing to see and hold an age old creature up close. Terrific time! Thanks again.

1  Thank bucket_lister_4fr
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I’ve recently returned from the most amazing fishing trip I have ever experienced thanks to Dean Werks’ ‘Great River Fishing Adventures ‘ company. Our guide for most of the trip was Jeff and he was absolutely brilliant putting us onto fish from the word go. A mention must also go to the other guides Davey and Curtis who were also excellent and along with Jeff looked after ‘Parry team Wales’ with great knowledge and enthusiasm. We caught plenty of Chum salmon to 20+ lbs, mostly on the fly on both the Harrison and Fraser Rivers with some of the party catching pristine Coho on the Pitt River. The Sturgeon fishing was unbelievable with the party boating 104 fish with 7ft 7ins being the largest and many more between 5-6ft, AWESOME! This was my first trip to BC but I will most definitely return and can thoroughly recommend GRFA if you are looking for a fishing trip of a lifetime. A big thank you to all the guys at GRFA who made it so special. Bob B Ends Caerphilly S. Wales UK

Reviewed November 1, 2012

What an adventure this was! Dean took myself and my two teenage boys out for what turned out to be in my 16 yr olds words, "One of the best days of my life!"

Dean was incredibly knowledgeable and really took his time explaining everything to us, right down to some interesting bits of history surrounding life on the Fraser! His boat was very clean and well organized and the equipment top notch...Within the first few minutes of dropping our lines in the water, all 3 of us were feeling the thrill of pulling in our first sturgeon, one of which was just over 5 ft long! We went on to catch 7 more, the biggest of the day giving my son the thrill of a lifetime after he pulled in a giant weighing in at a whopping 6 ft and 115 lbs! Dean even showed my boys and I how to tag the fish for tracking purposes, how to measure and record necessary information in his log book and why this information is so important in helping with their conservation efforts (all of which he and his staff do as a volunteer effort). Dean has so much passion for these beautiful creatures he so obviously loves, and so this passion mixed with his vast knowledge and experience all added up to the best day of fishing we could have ever hope for! Put this one on your bucket list for sure!

1  Thank Lisa M