“Stage week end!”

Great River Fishing Adventures
Ranked #1 of 13 Tours in Chilliwack
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Founded in 1988, we are one of the largest fully guided sport-fishing operators on the Fraser River and it's tributaries. Every year, thousands of tourists from all over the world visit us to experience the world-renowned fishing and natural wonder of the Fraser River in beautiful British Columbia. This calm water fishery features over ten species of sport fish and year round opportunities for the novice and expert angler alike. We fish the #1 Sturgeon, Salmon and Trout rivers in the World. We specialize in multiple styles of fishing to meet the needs of any angler. Have you ever caught or touched a real living Dinosaur? We specialize in targeting White Sturgeon, a species that can grow over 20 feet in length and over a 1000lbs. These magnificent creatures make spectacular jumping displays and runs that will excite every angler. We also fish for all 5 species of Wild Pacific Salmon and boast the largest and most experienced team of fly fishing guides on the entire river. We exclusively travel to the Upper Pitt River and Lillooet River to chase sea run Dolly Varden, Bull Trout, Rainbow and migrating Salmon. When fishing with us the opportunities are endless and each adventure is personally customized so you can focus on the reason you are here......to fish!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children
Port Hardy, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Stage week end!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2011

Had a great time fishing with great river fishing adventures, our guide Dean is an awesome guy and really knows his stuff, we hooked and landed 2 nice sturgeon, lots of action, defiantly be doing this again in the future, thanks again guys

3 Thank tylert17

Delta, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Big One that eventually got away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2011

My long time fishing friend and i had a great time fishing for Fraser River White Sturgeon with our excellent Great River Fishing Guide, Curtis. A new fishery for both of us which was educational, exciting and fruitful thanks to the hard work, knowledge and perserverence of our excellent Guide. Despite wind and high water levels we were able to hook, land, observe and release one of these prehistoric survivors. Be sure to take warm clothing and a camera to record both the surroundings and hopefully your quarry. The four hour trip passed quickly and we were thankful for windproof jackets. Thanks to Matthew, Curtis and Great River Fishing Adventures who were most helpful and accommodating in making this trip happen. We would definitely recommend the experience to any angler.

1 Thank luckygeorge53
Kamloops, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Pitt River Fly Fishing Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2011

A very pleasant trip indeed, which despite less than ideal water conditions, yeilded a much better than average fishing experience for us both. Over three days, we were amazed that such high quality wilderness fly fishing, was available so close to Vancouver.

Curtis, our guide was a very knowledgeable fish locator, was helpful but unassuming as a tactical advisor, and proved to be a very competent jet boat handler in some tight situations in the upper river: A very safe pair of hands...

We are already planning our next three day trip on the Pitt with GRF for later July or early August, [ hopefully with Curtis in attendence ], where we propose to target sockeye, steelhead and bull trout..

1 Thank fishbuds
Port Moody, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“To Heaven and Back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2011

I have been wanting to visit the Upper Pitt forever, and finally got the chance when Great River Fishing had a deal. This trip once top notch. The ride up the lake and river alone in spectacular. Having a confident guide who seemed to know the river like the back of his hand was comforting especially since there are some extremely sketchy areas. The jet boat ride alone was worth the cost.

The day and fishing was amazing, first cast in, we were in to a double header and the day in heaven continued from there

I cannot wait to get back up the river with these guys asap and hopefully for years to come!

1 Thank DanCoomber
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Our guide was very knowledgable and professional.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2011

Although I was skeptical at first whether we would get into the fish, dean took us to a secluded spot and I was up first. Within 10 minutes I haad a nibble. He coached me as to what to do aand I was very excited and not patient. Well, I ripped the bait out of the sturhgheons mouth. From that moment I was hooked. No pun intended. The feeling of that fish was amazing. I ended up with another at the same spot and lost it again.

He then took us 30 mins downriver to another of his spots and the game was on. My guests each got into HUGE fish and it was a very exciting day.

This was my first time fishing for sturgeon and it won't be my last.

Regards