“Food Poisoning?” 1 of 5 bubbles

Chemainus, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food Poisoning?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

The food here isn't that bad, minus the fact every time i eat any kind of meat there I very sick for at least the next two days. I was told that the same cutting board is used for everything. So if i do chose to eat here its veggies only. I am not the only one i know of that has gotten sick after eating here, I do not recommend it, go up in to chemainus and go to WINGS. Just warning everyone BE CAREFUL and eat there at your own risk. When you're eating it you would never think that within the next few hours you will be curled up in a ball puking your brains out. I am also not the only person I know that it has happened to. I've also been told the kitchen isn't very sanitary.

• Visited May 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 411scow

Port Alberni
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

We have eaten twice here, both times having the smorg. The first time we arrived around 6:45 pm and found most items were not refilled on the smorgasboard, no adjustment was made to the price. The second time we went at 5:30 and obviosly this was the right time. One thing, when the advertisement reads "over 20 items on the smorgasboard" we expected to see atleast 21, there were 17. The food is good here, not excellent but good. The premises could do with some updating and some serious cleaning. We will return.

1 Thank MARKAYDALE
Hamilton, Canada
“food is average!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

we ate there twice. They make it fast but nothing speacial, it like any other chinese food restaurant. Portions are big and satisfying.

Visited June 2012
Gabriola Island
“The best on Vancouver Island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2011

I am a Chinese Food efficiencanado as going up in Vancouver. Were ever I live I search out good Chinese food and the Ding Ho knocks it out of the park. Don't be critical on the decor, the food make up for it. Always our stop either by car or boat ( there's a dock a block away)

• Visited October 2011
4 Thank GulfIslanders066
Scotland
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2011

We went here on the strength of the Trip Advisor reviews and because there only seemed to be one other restaurant open after 7pm in Chemainus. The waitress was very friendly but the food was decidedly average and decor very basic. My husband had sweet and sour pork but it was more batter than pork and they seemed to use a lot of MSG. My advice would be to go to Duncan for food as there were lots of restaurants there.

• Visited June 2011