“Beware”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Chemainus
Leduc, Alberta
“Beware”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2010

I stayed at the Fuller Lake Motel with my wife and two children for the weekly rate of $375.00 for the "Suite". I had reserved for only 3 people because my wife wasn't going to be coming but at the last minute was able to make it, so when I showed up with her also they wanted another $25.00. Then they wanted a $100 damage deposit which at 11:30 at night in the pouring rain with two tired kids I wasn't about to argue. The "Suite" was a small bedroom attached to another small room with an old couch, table and 3 chairs, small coffee pot and microwave sitting on a loose wooden shelf, a metal sink in a cabinet, loose water faucet and their idea of renovated is a new toilet and newer carpet. Everything else was old and out dated. None of the sinks or bathtub had plugs so I had to get that from the office. The owner said the beds wouldn't be changed for our visit but we would get fresh towells daily. I said every two days would be fine and on day 3 had to go to the office to get fresh towels. I had to tell the owners to vacum the room and leave us toilet paper and room coffee. Three times I went to the office for something and no one would come to the desk. I definately will not ever stay at this place again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
5 Thank Blair53
Satpal S, General Manager at Fuller Lake Motel, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
I apologize for the inconveniences you and your family experienced. Since December 2012, I have taken ownership of the motel and have been renovation the motel to today's standard. We have refinished the kitchenette, carpet, kitchen, bedding, along with adding newer appliances and a flat screen television. We are sorry about your previous experience at Fuller Lake Motel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
vancouver
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2008

They absolutely will not allow you to cancel after seeing the place. Believe me, you will want to cancel as well. They'll pretty much charge you for the whole stay, even if you insist on cancelling. It's what they've got to resort to to make a buck. Pathetic.

Stayed May 2008
4 Thank fullerlakesucks
Satpal S, Manager at Fuller Lake Motel, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
I truly apologize for your inconvenience at Fuller Lake Motel. There has been a change in ownership in December 2012, and the cancellation policy has been changed. Hopefully, this problem will not occur again. Thank you

Travelers are raving about these Chemainus hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chemainus
BEST WESTERN PLUS Chemainus Inn
#4 of 5 in Duncan
Super 8 Duncan
Super 8 Duncan
#5 of 5 in Duncan

Been to Fuller Lake Motel? Share your experiences!