“Wonderfull Hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Guelph
“Wonderfull Hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2010

This hotel was a real GEM! It is in "new" condition and the room we stayed in had a seperate bedroom, pullout sofa bed, and full kitchen facilities. The breakfast was excellent with extra touches like fresh fruit, eggs, and waffles.....not your standard continental fare!! We stayed 4 nights, and our room was cleaned perfectly every day even though we had tons of luggage and child care items left out in the unit. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. Do not hesitate to stay at this hotel.....I know I will be back.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ChemainusBC, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Chemainus Inn, responded to this review, August 14, 2010
Thank you VERY much for posting this review on tripadvisor. Lou R. GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Czech first
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2010

A really nice place to stay with beautiful beds, duvets and sheets, and delicious buffet breakfast. Highly recommend this one.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ChemainusBC, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Chemainus Inn, responded to this review, August 16, 2010
Thank you very much for writing this review. Next time please consider one of our "Escape" or "Theatre" packages. Lou R GM
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2010

For the price, this is a wonderful hotel. The location is right in Chemainus and a perfect place to base day trips around the Cowhichan valley. The rooms are spaceous and clean. They offer a complimentary breakfast - it includes hot and cold items. An incredible deal. I would recommend people to stay here.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ChemainusBestWestern, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Chemainus Inn, responded to this review, August 3, 2010
Thank you for your kind rating.
We are always asking the question "how can we make our service better?" and then aiming to continue to improve. Feedback from our guests is an important tool for us in evaluating our service and facilities.
We hope to see you back soon enjoying yourself at The Festival Inn.
Lou R General manager
Vernon, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2010

Very surprised to find such a very well run, clean and modern Inn in a small town. Will book a room with a balcony next time to overlook the golf course.

Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you!! Feedback from our guests is an important tool for us in evaluating our service and facilities, direct feedback are often the only way that we hear from valuable guests such as yourself. Again thank you, we will pass the survey on to our staff; they I am sure will also be most appreciative.
Lou R. GM
North by Northwest
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2010

For the most part, we really enjoyed our stay at the Best Western Chemainus Festival Inn. My sons and I were meeting with family on the Island - and the hotel was the perfect base for various trips on the Island (not to mention their excellent pool facility on site).

Would I stay here again? Most likely, yes. Great value and a wonderful venue. It was basically perfect until the final 10 minutes of my stay.

The dark cloud is that I encountered some less-than-friendly service upon departure. While trying to pay my bill, the woman identified as assistant general manager kept quizzing me about who was staying in my room. I was on my own with my two young boys, but perhaps she thought I had more guests because my another family member and his daughter were in another room, and she probably saw them helping me pack my vehicle.

I had to tell her on two separate occasions that it was only myself and my boys staying in our room -- nobody else. But I was miffed about the repeated questioning.

The same woman was quite rude when I indicated that I had a travel card number from Best Western as part of their loyalty club spring promotion (essentially a $50 off voucher). She wound up calling Best Western headquarters, saying my full name quite loudly on the telephone (which was quite humiliating, as other guests might have been within earshot), and saying that she was given "a scrap of paper with a number on it".

In the end, everything worked out with the bill and my voucher, but not before I was royally annoyed.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank RustyGull
Thank you for your kind rating, which I received today.

We are always asking the question "how can we make our service better?" and then aiming to continue to improve. For the exception of your last ten minutes your experience is just like us as you no doubt can read from other trip advisor reviews. I will try to find out what happened on check out and we will get back to you. I sincerely apologize and fully understand your embarrasement.
Feedback from our guests is an important tool for us in evaluating our service and facilities and are a way for us to become aware of inefficiencies that may have crept into our people oriented service operation.
Sincerely ,Lou R General manager
Union Bay, BC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2010

We had a wonderful weekend stay at this hotel on our first trip to Chemainus for business last month. Staff were very helpful and the rooms were a reasonable rate. The self-serve breakfast bar was good - with suitable selections to accommodate a serious nut allergy. When we extended our stay, we "got the last room" at an equally reasonable rate.

That's why we pulled in to try to find a room on a recent unplanned roadtrip. Our experience this time wasn't as positive. While a room was available, it was quoted at a considerably higher rate than what we had paid on our last visit. When my husband said we'd been there not even a month before and the rates were considerably lower, he was told it was because he hadn't stayed on a weekend (we had) and that there were fewer rooms so the rates would be higher (we were given the last room on our previous stay).

We found a GREAT room at the BW in Duncan just a few kilometers south. Awesome pub/restaurant facility with an amazing selection of wines from the region and around the world. The money we saved on the room rate went straight to the restaurant!

We would recommend this hotel to a friend if it fit with what they are looking for.

Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank CampbellDuke
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2010

Although we have stayed in many hotels, BW Chemainus Festival Inn makes a huge different. The lovely rooms, clean, comfortable and quiet. The breakfast was a total surprise also. Lovely staff and management, right away we felt welcome and at home.
Definitely a great place to recommend while visiting the Island.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ChemainusBC, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Chemainus Inn, responded to this review, May 22, 2010
Your kind comments are appreciated and valued! Lou R.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chemainus
Oak Bay Beach Hotel
Fairfield
Abigail's Hotel
Abigail's Hotel
#1 of 52 in Victoria

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Chemainus Inn? Share your experiences!