“Chinese food”

Cuisines: Chinese
Canada
“Chinese food”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

My husband and I live in Chemainus and heard around town to try their Chinese food and we were very surprised. The food is fresh and the portions are large. We are pretty fussy eating out but look forward to dining here. The food comes fast and the service is excellent. I would highly recommend anyone that loves Chinese food to go here. I have not tried the fish and chips as we do not eat that type of food,

• Visited April 2014

Duncan, Canada
“Chinese Food”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I am 76 years young and I have served in the military for 29+ years and have had Chinese food in a variety of places,I know this sounds like a Seafood Resturant but Jerry (The owner) is Chinese and he makes all the meals from the time you order,there is nothing prepared ahead of time.I would highly recommend this restaurant as we go there from our home (about a 30 minute drive) at least twice a week.Thet also have a variety on the menu.

• Visited May 2014
“Awesome!”
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Best fish and chips I have ever eaten! Probably the cleanest restaurant around and really cute friendly waitress! We will definitely come back next time we are on the island.

• Visited July 2013
Barrie, Canada
“bare hands / frozen fish”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The fish was not fresh; I mentioned it to the waitress and satter with his other handhe was reluctant to tell the owner. So when I was at the counter to pay I saw him and told him. I can now understand her reluctance he went berserk He had fish in his bare hands at the time of his shouting to me to stay away if you do not like it The he dipped the fish with one hand in the batter raised it up in the air and wiped off the excess batter with his other hand I said you should not handle the fish with your bare hands and his answer was for me to leave I will get in touch with the health dept for that and other things I noticed I would not eat there if the food was free

Visited July 2013
2 Thank maurice154980
Victoria, Canada
“Out of the World Fish and Chips”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

We went by this little place a couple of times before ducking in to avoid the rain. It was clean and tidy, and the no nonsense tables and chairs were whistle clean. We ordered halibut with a ceasar salad ( they give you a choice!!) instead of chips. I cannot say adequetly how great the service was, how the locals had included us in their banter and how nice the waitress was. That she was from our hometown was a bonus, too! The food was worth the money by far. It doesn't look like much on the outside, but it rivals Prince Rupert's halibut offerings....I know from experience!

Visited June 2012