All reviews horseback riding spent a week amazing week other guests boat tour bears karen fishing wranglers scenery horses stories rode photographs cantering burning nation
Selected filters
Reviewed September 8, 2019 via mobile

Beyond amazing!!! The equestrian adventure was more fantastic than I had ever imagined. Our guide, Josh deserves 10 stars for his attention to safety, development and selection of trails with some of the most stunning landscapes I’ve ever seen, matching horse to rider (the horses are beautiful, steady, and very sure-footed) and for his patience and kindness. Is it ok to mention he is extremely good looking and a REAL cowboy!! I thought I was a pretty good rider but now I really am, thanks to this experience. The owner, Karen has put attention into every detail-The lodge, cabins, and grounds are stunning. Her father Budd is in his 90’s (seems young enough to be in his 50s)and has the history of the whole area from back to the First Nation. Gary the chef prepared meals that would put five star restaurants to shame, not to mention his darling personality and very interesting life. It was very difficult to leave we felt like family the whole week the free roaming horses the fox that came up to the deck every evening and the bear that were chased around by the dogs all it’s just a magical experience!

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2019 via mobile

For my mom and I this was a trip we had always dreamed of taking and through a lot of intense searching we decided on Tsylos. I cannot encourage all who read this enough, Tsylos will change your life. The entire team is incredibly knowledgable, kind, and patient. The riding is first rate and very much suits an advanced rider. Josh is the most incredible guide and will challenge you in your riding every day. He tailors advice and stories to each person and will help you whenever needed. He is such an incredible person. I hope all riders that come to Tsylos are lucky enough to get to meet him.

You will eat some of the most incredible food, see nature landscapes you could only dream of, and bond with horses like no other. The staff is beyond words and will make you feel like family. Our entire group was crying as we all said goodby to each other and the staff on Sunday morning. No one wanted to leave. We couldn’t thank the Tsylos family enough. We are already planning the trip back and completely understand why a lot of groups come every year (some for over 25 years). Thank you!!

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2019

Our own cabin, with view on the Chilko river, up to the glaciers at the end of the lake.
A Young grizzli bear eating berries in our garden at 7am.
No internet, no cellphone, no wifi for a week.
Great horses to roam around, watch the scenery and wild animals (eagles, montain goats) and canter on cliff-edges by the Chilko river.
Excellent meals (such delicious breakfasts from Gary in the morning so that I gained a few pounds despite all the horse riding done)...
Staff extremely friendly and joyful, looking after us, under the kind supervision of Karen, who has taken over from her formidable father who has so many incredible stories.
My teenage daughters told me they spent the best holidays of their lives at Tsylos lodge. And they want to come back ....

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed August 13, 2019

If you want to get away from it all for fishing, Horseback riding,wild life watching, this is the place.
Its a family run legacy on the river and they make you feel like part of the family. The food is amazing, the stories and memorable, the scenery stunning and the solitude restorative. Leave your electronics at home you cannot connect anyway!!

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed July 1, 2019 via mobile

I had to most amazing week at the lodge.
The rocky mountains took my breath away. Tsylos park Lodge is a Special hideaway.
The staff greeted us the moment we got there with happy smiles and fun times.

The riding was exceptional. The horses were happy and well looked after. It was incredible to watch these horses run through all the different terrains. Cantering through the rollarcoaster and climbing mountains effortlessly.

The food was probably the best ive ever had at any resort. 5 star chef. Amazing meals, cookies, desserts. Gary the chef is such a talented man. And lauren his helper was happy and laughing everyday. The fish guide micheal played guitar one night for us all by the fire.

The staff were above and beyond at this place.The wranglers were our guides to all the amazing spots around the mountains. Josh was so knowledgeable about the chilko valley , photography, horses and fishing. And the two wrangler girls jess and anna were so fun and relaxed. I hope one day to see them all again. :)

Date of stay: June 2019