“A great place to enjoy good times and good coffee”

Bean Counter Bistro & Coffee Bar
Cuisines: Canadian
Description: Wholesome, Delicious, Fair Trade, Nutritious. Serving specialty coffees and teas, smoothies. Breakfast, lunch, freshly baked goods.
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Love the coffee, love the atmosphere, wifi, comfy chairs, fireplace and location. Sadly, this is a place to go when you have time to kill - it understandably popular which can lead to long line ups and wait times. Worth the wait if you have time.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

One of the fee gluten free brownies that taste as good as there gluten filled alternative. The bean counter is a favourite place to stop for my boys who both have allergies to gluten.
Only suggest get more gluten free on the menu. My boys hope every time they will have made gluten free cinnamon buns for them.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Great staff, so friendly and happy. Great way to start my day getting my coffee on my way to work. Good coffee too!

Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

I am new to town and have only been here 2 weeks. Firstly I would like to commend this bistro/ coffee house. Great food,staff, drinks. Located next to library is genius. I was there today at 2pm and it was full and it was a Thursday.
My 'but' is that it is way too small now to handle the level of traffic, with a sitting area for reading too tight and not enough spots considering the attachment to the library inviting people to read and relax and drink or eat and that they get even busier in the summer. Though it is still winter I noticed vehicles are able to park right in front of the store front. With summer seating outside I would not find it pleasant to the atmosphere they are promoting to have big trucks and cars blocking my views outside and having to breath their gas fumes, hopefully the city would restrict parking in spring and summer to entice more visitors.

This place is worth multiple visits for its quality and niche market, and I will go back but if there is no seating when I go I will pass that day on buying.

I hope they are able to find more building space if finances allow as it would do very well. Maybe even a second location may work but they may be thinking that anyway.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

I've stopped in a few times to pick up a quick lunch and afternoon caffeine boost and have always had a great experience. The paninis and mini pizzas are delicious and the chai latte and caramel macchiatto are amazing. I'd rather stop here than Starbucks any day! I haven't yet stayed to enjoy the atmosphere, but I'm often tempted by the comfortable looking armchairs.