“Overnite stay in Williams Lake”

Super 8 Williams Lake BC
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Williams Lake
GreenLeadersBronze level
A TripAdvisor Member
KELOWNA
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Arrived on Thursday and left on Friday morning. Had a pleasant stay as usual at what we consider the best Motel in William"s Lake. We will stay at your motel on future trips to Prince George.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
super8williamslake, General Manager at Super 8 Williams Lake BC, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Thank you for your comment and we value your opinion.We are very pleased that you enjoyed your last visit here. We will do our best to meet your expectations and hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

being there on business purposes, I found it a little too noisy to got to bed earlier than most people. I would have preferred a room on the backside of the hotel as it sits on a busy highway, and upper floor.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
1  Thank KARIN C
super8williamslake, Manager at Super 8 Williams Lake BC, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2012

Thank you, Karin for staying with us.

as you know we are located on the highway 97 which makes easy access to the hotel but as you said, the front side rooms are little noisy.i suggest you, if you comeback again, you can choose back side rooms which are very quiet.

thank you for staying with us again and wishes all the best to you and happy thanksgiving

Kristie

Reviewed August 25, 2012

We stayed at the Williams Lake Super 8 for five days, left for the weekend, and returned for another couple of days. This is a brisk, clean, friendly place. The desk staff were unfailingly warm and helpful. Breakfast is basic I guess (cereal, fruit, yogurt, breads, bagels, donuts, tea, coffee, hot chocolate ), but all I wanted was toast and coffee so I was very happy. Excellent fresh coffee. The breakfast area was spotless. There's a computer in the breakfast room for guests to use. I had requested an extra chair and a soft pillow, both of which were supplied and waiting for us. All in all, we were pleased.
However, there were a couple of glitches. This is a three story building with no elevator. This proved a bit difficult for my husband who has health concerns. We did not like to leave our things in the car overnight, so we lugged it all upstairs. (To be fair, it never occurred to us to request a main floor room in advance). Second, our mornings were late. I tended to have breakfast downstairs while my husband rested. Our late mornings clearly irritated the maids. We left our room before noon, not late afternoon. But there was a comment every single morning, which I did not appreciate. One suggested to us that she just give us towels, and leave the room and the bed for the next day.(I smiled, and gathered up my courage and said, no thank you, we wanted the bed made) . Another day, a different woman said, as we left, "Do you WANT service?". Again I smiled, gathered up my courage and said "Yes, please" (and she smiled back). Another snapped at me, as we were leaving, that she was almost done, and now had to do our room. I have to say this was very embarrassing to me. (There was one exception - a middle aged female housekeeper with a European accent: I found myself apologizing - after previous comments - for our late morning departures, and explained that my husband needed to rest. She was warm, understanding and kind). I think this is a place where most travellers stop at a clean, safe, place and are gone early in the morning. I do need to mention that although the comments upset me, our room was spotless every evening on return. I trust that the managers will speak to the cleaning staff about this - we would be glad to stay at the Super 8 again. Everyone else was so positive I still want to give this four stars.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TheSchindells
super8williamslake, Manager at Super 8 Williams Lake BC, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Dear the Schindells,

First of all, we, all of Super8 Williams Lake thanks for your stay with us and for your complimentary comments. We are so sorry for the inconveniences caused to you by the No Elevator.

For future stay with us, i would like to recommend you to book first floor room and you may tell front desk clerk how and when your room be cleaned by house keeper, then we will honor your requests.

i hope your days be wonderful one

Kristie
Manager

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Stayed here Aug 22, room was nice and clean, travelling with senior's and got a deal on the room rate. This hotel does offer a special rate for senior's. Front desk staff were very accommodating, we had to have a room on the first floor and although they didn't have one available they rearranged the rooms to accommodate our special need. Very friendly staff. Good cup of coffee in the morning and continental breakfast was also good. Would recommend this place and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jackie M
super8williamslake, General Manager at Super 8 Williams Lake BC, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2012

Thank you so much for your response and Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

I travel over 200 nights per year which means many hotels & motels. On August 7th Williams lake was 30plus degrees. A must for a/c in the hotel room.
My wife and myself checked into a non Super 8 hotel only to find out when we entered our room they have NO a/c. I phoned Super 8 at 10:30pm and they had rooms available each with a/c. Oh and a wonderful conti b/fast also. So we checked out with no charge. We arrived at the Super 8 and the young lady at the front desk was very polite and very helpful.
The room was well, perfect is the word that comes to me. This hotel is very very clean. I stayed here a couple years ago and i remember how clean it was then.
So travelers,consider this Super 8 while in Williams Lake.

'Well done Super 8!"

Room Tip: Ask for an upper room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank benPrinceGeorge
super8williamslake, General Manager at Super 8 Williams Lake BC, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

Reviewed July 4, 2012

I needed a decent place to stay while I was in town to visit my uncle. The choice was Super 8 because it was the cheapest I could find at the moment.

Good:
Very nice and helpful staff.
2 queen size beds in a double room.
Seemed very clean.

Bad:
The bed was too soft for my back.
Breakfast was only to survive on, nothing more.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I just stayed at this motel while on a Shrine weekend . It was a good Motel. Clean and nice employees. Not much room to eat the free breakfast in the morning only 4 tables and they where full.But it was the Rodeo weekend and they where full. For the price it was right. I had a family emergency and had to leave one night early, they gave me a voucher for that night and I thought that was nice, because it was a prepaid room and they did not have to do that. Overall it was a Motel and I would not mind if I stayed there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future.