“Dissappointed and Disgusted”

Sandman Hotel & Suites Williams Lake
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Williams Lake
“Dissappointed and Disgusted”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I stayed here in the summer and was very pleased. This time, I'm very disappointed and disgusted. Firstly, I had to wait more than 20 minutes while there were computer problems at check-in. No upgrade offered but after waiting that long for a room I wasn't about to ask for one-could have taken another hour. Was given a tiny room, the front desk lady called a "cozy corner"-was cramped and dingy. Cleanliness was debatable-bathroom had hairs in tub, stains around toilet, found nail clippings next to bed (hidden by bedspread skirting), coffee maker not cleaned out and I had to plug in the lamps and tv. Word to wise: the pictures on the website are not what you get, there was an old worn bedspread in this room-which didn't match anything-NOT the nice plush looking duvet shown on website. Hallways and stairs (no elevator in the hotel) were filthy-same trash was in same place when I got into hotel as when I left. My closet of a room did not have a bar-fridge, so the lady at the desk offered me the use of the "team kitchen", which I thought was very nice of her...until I went in to it. I doubt this "kitchen" is health inspected. There was a platter of moldy food on the counter that had obviously been there a long time and dirty cutlery in the sink. I was trying to get an idea of where I was in the hotel because this kitchen is in the bowels of it, I went to look out window...this is what I found: pictures say a thousand words. See for yourself. I'll think twice about staying here again. Sad Sandman.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Rick G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Mission, Canada
Reviewed October 13, 2013

pleasant staff to cater to your needs in quick time. we found ourselves in need of a few things and with a quick call to front desk, a room attendant was at our door within minutes. very happy about the pet friendly attitude of the staff, not only talking to my dog, but providing a little snack for him. No complimentary breakfast ,but with Denny's attached, it's not really an issue for us, however we did neighbour a working contractor and in conversation, we thought that maybe a small counter breakfast would be a wonderful time sensitive addition. Good all around bang for your buck.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here our first night in Canada and really enjoyed it he suite we got was like a little apartment which was very comfortable. Location was good and it was super clean. The desk staff was kind of slow but it was not too bad. Recommend staying here.

• Stayed August 2013
GM_Williams_Lake, General Manager at Sandman Hotel & Suites Williams Lake, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
I would like to thank you for your patronage and providing the hotel with your review. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed our newly refurbished hotel. I will certainly share your comments with our staff. Kindest regards.
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Reception was welcoming, smiling lady at desk, very accommodating and professional. Was given complimentary upgrade to a suite with separate bedroom which was very nice. Felt like an apartment and clean! I really enjoyed it there, will be back! Complimentary Wifi was fast and nice bonus as some hotels I've stayed at up in northern regions still charge for Internet. Nice on you Sandman!

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Rick G
Thank you for your patronage and providing the hotel with your review. I am very pleased to hear that our staff treated you so well and you enjoyed our newly refurbishe hotel. We look forward to welcoming you again. Kind regards.
Crystal Beach, Canada
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I would like to say thank you for catering to our needs and giving us a free upgrade to a ground floor suite so that our motorcycle could be right outside our window.Its not that we felt that we were in a bad area,just simply always better to be able to keep an eye on our prize possession...thanks again......great room also!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stuart M
Thank you for your patronage and providing this review. Our staff consitanly strive to accomodate our guests with their special requests. I am also happy to hear you enjoyed your suite. Hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here recently and it was great ! The checkin was fantastic and very friendly. Guest service is wonderfull, very friendly and helpful. Rooms were nicely renovated and super clean.
I would recommend staying here to everyone.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank happytrails7179
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stay here on business. It is probably the best choice in the area. Don't expect a 5 star hotel but it is a solid 3 star. Some recent renovations have improved this hotel making the rooms more inviting and pleasant. The hotel is very centrally located and most of Williams Lake is within walking distance.
The attached Denny's Restaurant has improved by hiring a much more pleasant staff member.

Room Tip: If you can, upgrade to a suite. On occassion, the halways can be noisey (obviously dependent on the...