Open today: 7:00 AM - 8:00 PM

Delta
viewing history

Rick H
Axtell, Texas

All reviews gold panning gold rush two days water wheel visited barkerville historic town chinese restaurant step back in time on site theatre royal british columbia chinese school billy barker whole family general store lung duck tong george hotel
Reviewed 1 week ago

Everything about this historic site is Excellent and must see! For more nostalgia stay in Wells at the Wells Hotel very quaint but fun

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I am a big fan of history and like to visit places like this. Now overall I liked the place but not the way I expected it. The building and the displays are good and some performers are also good, but some performances and acts were just useless.
i liked the people singing in the street. They were good. Some acts such as the judge and the Chinese school teacher were rude and were un-necessarily yelling and over acting. I did not like it at all.
I think the site should re think the whole performance thing.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Friends took me to Barkerville and I felt like I was stepping back in time. You can just feel the history of this gold town and see how these people lived their daily lives. I recommend a visit to this great old town to anyone that believes in true history.

Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

I heard most Canadian school do trip there to learn history. They still maintains to show us lots of buildings such old style houses, shops, restaurants and hotels etc..

Reviewed September 25, 2018 via mobile

Staff, and set up was wonderful. We did a carriage ride and old school photo op. Unfortunately I don’t share the love of history my husband does so I was a little bored. Now saying that I think I would have had more fun if we came during open season. I will come back in summer to give it another go :)

Reviewed September 24, 2018

We love social history and Barkerville does this extremely well. We started with the tour that gave us an overview, continued with the stage coach ride (another interesting introduction to the bumpy form of transport of cowboy times). , followed by a good nose around the town and a chat to all the actors who are making Barkerville come alive. It’s a long way from the highway so we stayed overnight. A bit cold - bring your thermals and raincoat, this is high up in the mountains! Be prepared to get a steel mug with coffee and enter into the fun and fascinating displays of social history, including Chinatown.

Reviewed September 23, 2018

bus tour from Kelowna . we took charter bus for sept. 11 2018 tour. This was the last week they were open for the season, we were not told this by the charter bus company. most activities were shut down. employees were mostly gone. no goldpanning demo, no waterwheel demo, etc. our tour drank coffee and ate doughnuts very uninteresting atmosphere. NOT WORTH BUS TOUR.

Reviewed September 16, 2018

Barkerville is a very interesting place to visit and has lots of history. There is something going on all the time to keep a person busy. This was our second visit in 9 years and we hope to get back there again some year.

Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

We took a trip back in time and relived /checked out things we used to use and do. Good for families looking for the way some of the older days were. Road construction almost finished so the road should be good.

Reviewed September 12, 2018

My first time travelling up into the Cariboo region to attend a wedding, I extended my trip to especially come to Barkerville. As an active museum brought the town to life. To recognize the history of this site and area and to imagine such hard times to exist in was exciting. I spent several hours wandering through town.