“Terrible service......never again!!!!!”

Keg Steakhouse & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Keg Steakhouse & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 330 Restaurants in Red Deer
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Gaetz Ave / 67th Street
Red Deer, Canada
“Terrible service......never again!!!!!”
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Table booked for 7.30pm, food eventually arrived at 9.30pm and the place was not busy! The catalogue of farcical episodes in between is too great to mention. Even had to ask to see a manager twice before anything was speeded up.........Expensive and pretentious!!!!
Food was good but at their prices I would not expect to have to pay extra for a few vegetables, and at their prices the excuse of everyone makes mistakes sometimes does not fly - I would expect the staff to be trained adequately for the job.... It was complete incompetence!!!
Needless to say, we will NOT be visiting this Keg Steakhouse again!!

red deer
“The Keg Red Deer”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I went to the Keg for a steak. Thought I would be safe but no. I am a Red Seal Chef who trained in Europe and has cooked in many different countries. I have also served and been in the Food industry for 15 years.

Firstly, we had a reservation and waited an extra 40 mins for a table when it was clear that there was 5 tables empty that I could see. The hostess was snotty and I think barely 16. Never smiled once and had no personality at all.

I finally got a table and then asked for a Med-Well Steak (don't judge!) and of course, like every other restaurant in Red Deer (other than La Pergola) it came to me Med-Rare.

I told the server (who is more concerned about her looks than service) that my steak was undercooked. She asked me why I thought that and I showed her the blood seeping out of the steak and she told me that it was a perfect Med-Well and I was wrong. She did this with a blank robotic stare on her face... I told her SHE was wrong and to please cook my steak to Med-Well. She huffed at me and then took it back, while spilling blood on my sweater.

The manager came with a new place and this steak was cooked perfectly the second time.

My problem here is that how come I have to feel stupid by a server that I don't know how to cook a steak in the first place and why do they have to argue? My next problem is why are many of us waiting when we have reservation for 40 mins after the fact when tables are clearly empty? Is this a gimic the Keg uses to make the appearance that they are a sought after restaurant? My third problem is the arrogance of the servers in Red Deer. I have never seen such arrogance before, even in the most fancy restaurants in Europe, Canada etc.

This needs to change and people have to stop tipping for terrible service. They already get paid a salary so no need to tip if the service is not there. Tipping is not mandatory people. Start putting some of these servers where they need to be at minimum wage. They are not educated for their job so why pay them lawyer, accountant, oil rig workers salaries? It is not hard work!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank m h
Calgary, Canada
“ARRIVED AT 10 IN THE EVENING”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

After spending the day boating on Sylvan Lake we headed back to Calgary and stopped at the Keg which was my son's choice of a restaurant. Everyone enjoyed the French Onion Soup (we were cold from being out in the boat until 9) as well as the Lobster Gratinee appetizer $10.95. I had the Teriyaki Classic $26.95 I chose the twice baked potato it was good but the mushrooms were cold and the vegetables were only red/yellow peppers which leads me to believe getting there so late meant the kitchen did not have that much left to offer. The waitress also rushed us to chose our main courses before the kitchen closed at 1100. Others chose the Salmon $25.95. & Sirloin Oscar $29.95. One person chose desert - the strawberry cheesecake $6.95 but it was overly sweet for my taste. Only drawback was that even though the restaurant was nearly empty they would not let us put 2 tables together so that we could sit by the window to watch the boat/truck parked in the mall parking lot. Could not fit it in the Keg lot. So 5 of us were somewhat squished for eating an expensive meal. Had Beringer red wine $59.00.The food is good but the pricing is somewhat high. We also had issues with our tea water and had to ask that it be replaced with "hot" water.

• Visited August 2013
Red Deer, Canada
“MEH..”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

You only have one time to make a first impression!
Our first and last visit...
The food was spectacular, expensive (we expected that) and the service was worse then terrible,
we saw our waitress twice, and when we did it was after flagging her down !

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank sueww
Sylvan Lake, Canada
“average.”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

The keg is over priced. Its service was average. Nothing particularly special at all. I had the blackened steak which was not a prime cut in the least. It was tough and overly fatty. Certainly not worth the $35 it cost. I am not sure why it is so popular here when there are infinitely better places to go for half the price. This was my first time at the keg and it will be the last.

Visited April 2013