“Very tasty, huge portions”

It's All Greek To Me
Ranked #13 of 336 Restaurants in Red Deer
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Wow. What to say? I don't understand why people would say the food was nothing great. I thought it was excellent, and attractively presented. The portions were huge. Sure it was pricey, but considering the quality of the food and the fact that this is rural Canada, you're getting something special. I hope to be back on a future visit.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Five of us ate here and we all felt the same. Good food, but not particularly special. The portions are large, but it was also pricey. My boyfriend had the Mousaka, which at $24.95 was too expensive for a ground beef dish. Another had the Athenian Style Chicken ($22.95) which was good, but again, too pricey in my opinion. I grew up with Greek friends and home cooking, and there are several Greek restaurants where we currently live, and I love Greek food. But to me, the food didn't quite meet my expectations. If you weren't used to Greek food, I think this would be a good new experience to try, but I would personally rate it only average.

Service was excellent. In fact, I planned to share my boyfriend's meal because I had heard that portions were huge, but in addition, my server offered to bring me a complimentary cup of soup to try, which was a nice gesture. The soup was a good, typical Avgolemono soup. We all took food home, so nobody tried dessert.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We have been here several times and always, the food and atmosphere is superb. I love the lamb shank. Prices are good and the portions are very generous. Friday & Saturday nights the belly dancers are there and very entertaining. We will be back. Opa!

Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

This place deserves its spot on the ranking! Very friendly and attentive service! We have a toddler and we were immediately supplied with some soup for her to eat! The portions are huge so be warned. The starter portion of calamari is definitely enough for a main meal. Me and my husband shared the lamb shanks and it was delicious, I highly recommend it! The potatoes and salad were very nice as well. The belly dancer adds a bit of fun to your meal. Overall a great dining experience!

Reviewed October 12, 2013

My husband and I have come at least 6 times and had the Meze (sp) always happy and love the lamb shank...hubby also loves the lemon chicken soup..so much so he asked for the recipe lol..we were suppose to get some to go but it was pretty busy tonight...thanks again..until next time