“Not sure why this is #1 in Red Deer”

It's All Greek To Me
Ranked #9 of 321 Restaurants in Red Deer
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Houston, TX
“Not sure why this is #1 in Red Deer”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Five of us ate here and we all felt the same. Good food, but not particularly special. The portions are large, but it was also pricey. My boyfriend had the Mousaka, which at $24.95 was too expensive for a ground beef dish. Another had the Athenian Style Chicken ($22.95) which was good, but again, too pricey in my opinion. I grew up with Greek friends and home cooking, and there are several Greek restaurants where we currently live, and I love Greek food. But to me, the food didn't quite meet my expectations. If you weren't used to Greek food, I think this would be a good new experience to try, but I would personally rate it only average.

Service was excellent. In fact, I planned to share my boyfriend's meal because I had heard that portions were huge, but in addition, my server offered to bring me a complimentary cup of soup to try, which was a nice gesture. The soup was a good, typical Avgolemono soup. We all took food home, so nobody tried dessert.

Red Deer, Canada
“Really GOOD Greek food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We have been here several times and always, the food and atmosphere is superb. I love the lamb shank. Prices are good and the portions are very generous. Friday & Saturday nights the belly dancers are there and very entertaining. We will be back. Opa!

• Visited August 2013
Bonnyville, Canada
“Great food, people and atmosphere!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

This place deserves its spot on the ranking! Very friendly and attentive service! We have a toddler and we were immediately supplied with some soup for her to eat! The portions are huge so be warned. The starter portion of calamari is definitely enough for a main meal. Me and my husband shared the lamb shanks and it was delicious, I highly recommend it! The potatoes and salad were very nice as well. The belly dancer adds a bit of fun to your meal. Overall a great dining experience!

reddeer
“We re always happy and full When leaving.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

My husband and I have come at least 6 times and had the Meze (sp) always happy and love the lamb shank...hubby also loves the lemon chicken soup..so much so he asked for the recipe lol..we were suppose to get some to go but it was pretty busy tonight...thanks again..until next time

Edmonton, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Date Night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Great time. This was our maiden voyage to greek cuisine and enjoyed thoroughly. Server was friendly and helpful. Food wonderful and portions plentiful. Will return next time in town.

1 Thank heavy2015