“The best Greek salad!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Airdrie, Canada
“The best Greek salad!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I found this place on tripadvisor, and as always, I trusted the reviews. We had the Greek meatballs for an appetizer and they were delicious! I had the Greek salad. The tomatoes were red and juicy and exactly like the homegrown ones I had in Sicily a couple months ago. Everything in my salad was fresh and excellent. My friend had the calamari and said it was SO good. My boyfriend had the Greek chicken with rice and potatoes. All of his was delicious.
I'm not in Red Deer often, but when I'm back, I'll be visiting this place again!!! WOW!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank SonyaL067

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“The best meal in Red Deer”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

The entire experience was as if we were eating in the family kitchen. The service was fantastic. She made suggestions when we were ordering & even was concerned about us getting our order in before the large birthday party that was there at the same time. She told us the meals were big so don't have too many appetizers but we didn't listen and she was right! The meals were delicious but huge! Good thing is that I now know what I'm having for dinner tonight! I had the lamb shank - the meat just fell off the bone! The belly dancer started at 7:30 with some great Greek music. We were still eating so our server told the dancer to leave us alone until we were finished. We met the cook who is our server's father & her mother does the baking. We had some of her baklava - delicious! It's not a very big place & fills up so it might be good to make a reservation. I would definitely return! Two thumbs up!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Ireallyneedavacation
anastassia k, Manager at It's All Greek To Me, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
hey girl,
I remember you, you were sitting at the table across from our bar!! Thank you for your review, I love that you loved the lamb shank, that's my favorite meal in the world.
And yes you guys did have too many appys, lol! I always try to caution people, the main thing a server should know is it's not important to overload the bill, just to make more tips, but to be truthful and gain the trust of their guests. But no harm done, as all our guests know, the food is freshly made by my parents, and it will be even better the next day. In all reality, who wants to be cooking every day, Not me, so left overs are welcome!!
Our food portions are big enough to share, so many times I recommend to our guests to order less and simply come in another day to try something different. Spread everything on the table and share! You as I recall were a party of 4 guests, very kind and considerate, you have honored me with with your acquaintance and your beautiful words. Have your health & happiness, hoping to see you soon. I think you owe me a dance!! :-)
Respectfully Anastassia Stacey Koupantsis
Red Deer, Canada
“not as good as it once was”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Since they moved tot he new location the atmosphere is really lacking. The food and service and average, nothing special.

Visited October 2012
hello friends,
Thank you for your review, I have to say that I am saddened that you didn't like almost anything in the restaurant. This restaurant relocated from down town, about 10 years ago, and has since then changed owners. My parents bought this restaurant about 4,5 years ago from the previous owners. I honestly don't know how it was before 10 years ago, I do know though how it was before my family bought the business.
A lot has changed, 1st. smoking is not allowed. 2nd although children were not aloud in the restaurant by the previous owners, we have changed that and welcome children of all ages. You see we are a very big family, and what ever we do is family orientated! Of course that is the main reason that we changed a lot. As you can understand, when you change a restaurant from party restaurant to family restaurant, well no one can expect for - over the top, excessive liquor drinking, loud hard partying situations to be going on. We believe that the eyes of children can not be exposed to such images. There was a time when ouzo bottles were just going around on the house literally being poured every where, we have stopped that, not because of expense but that has so many dangerous consequences, safety first!
3rd, our main goal is to offer hand made food, not processed, with the most purest ingredients, using local Alberta products as much as possible and AAA quality of imported Greek ingredients. The goal is to promote healthy eating habits to our friends, introduce home made cooking to the young generation, a kind of food that provides nutrients and makes people happy.
4th We do not allow the servers to bill the customers right after their meal, just to turn the table and use it again! When somebody pays to have a meal it is not proper to rush them out the door, no they should have the right to relax after dinner and decide for themselves when they want to leave or ask for the bill.
We have very high standards were service is involved, (that's why all my staff calls me bossy, lol), unfortunately some times it will be too busy to give great service or some staff member is just not in to it that evening, we are all human and that interferes with our job sometimes.
In this fast paced, loud, noisy world we live in, we have decided to make our restaurant a home away from home establishment. Tranquility and love. In that process you lose a few people, but we have gained the honor of hearing children, their view of good food, their opinion on what makes them happy. :-)
I truly hope to see you again, now that the way the restaurant is run is known to you. Thank you for your time to right your review.
respectfully Anastassia Stacey Koupantsis
Sylvan Lake, Alberta, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Impeccable friendly service.”
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

I have always loved the food at Its All Greek To Me, and it has been my very favorite restaurant since the first time I ate there, but when I arrived on a date at 3:00, an hour before the opening time, and they decided to seat us early and serve us right away. I was blown away by the friendly service.

This restaurant is run by the kindest people, I just love that. I'm not really a restaurant critic and I don't want to get into detail about the food, but I'm sure a food review of this restaurant won't be difficult to find. I give the food 5/5 anyways because I absolutely love everything I've ever tried there.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Dave N
Hello Dave,
Let me start by saying how very sorry I am that I haven't responded in such a long time, to your or the rest of the reviews! I apologize sincerely, my eldest daughter is in her final year of high school and I am overwhelmed with stress by the amount of arrangements that have to be made for her to get into pre- med at the University of Alberta.
Your review is so kind, and I understand how my father could not have turned away such a kind, well spoken young man! Especially if he was on a date ;-) ! We all were young, once upon a time, we can relate!
Yes, this is a family restaurant, my parents are the owners and hand make everything we serve, they have 3 children, 6 grand children and 3 great grand children, big family!! And that is the way they have always run their restaurants, << respect your customer for he is not a customer he is a human being and go out of your way to make them feel at home!>> That is our policy. We try our best daily, not always succeeding to make everyone happy, but with the purest of intentions.
We always like to stay in touch, so next time you come in, come to the kitchen's window and say hi, I know my father would be very happy to see you again! He's there 24/7 to make sure everything runs smoothly. Bring a friend, ask for Stacey (that's me), I'd love to show you some awesome Greek family traditions!!
respectfully Stacey Anastassia Koupantsis
Vancouver
“not vegan at all”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My boyfriend had the vegan plate. It was covered in feta sprinkles. I had the calamari which smelled funny. It was wonderfully tender, but I ended up having to make a quick trip to the toilet afterwards.. The servings are huge. There is potatoes and greasy rice included with all entrees. The prices are about 18 a plate. If the prices were 10 a plate and the plates smaller it would be better. We will not be going back.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank kittensgirl
anastassia k, Manager at It's All Greek To Me, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
hello kittensgirl,
thank you for your review, it was rather eye opening.
i remember you and your friend, i helped to serve you, and i brought over your meals. i also came 3 times to your table to ask about the food and you never mentioned that there was a problem, you said everything was fine. I served your friend his vegan meal, but the kitchen would never sprinkle feta all over a vegan meal, the oil is not from the rice, it;s from the potatoes because they are oven baked and then kept in the warmer with the olive oil it was cooked with so it doesn't dry up. as for the calamari, there is no possibility that it was spoiled, spoiled fish and calamari smells so bad you would have not been able to eat even 1 ring.also we sell so much calamari on a daily basis that we prepare a knew batch every day. i understand that maybe you don't like the smell of the garlic or the other spices in the batter, but to say that it got you sick, that has never happened in our restaurant.
i also remember coming to your table to see if you wanted anything packed up, you said no, already your napkins on your plates, but you never gave me any information of what bothered you. first of all we would have not charged you, for the vegan meal if when i came by and asked if everything is ok, your friend never mentioned the feta,if he had we wouldn't have a problem to make him a new meal. or you could have told me that you thought the calamari was bad, first I would have tasted it in front of you and then i usually take it to my father and he tastes it too, and that way, we would have known and prepared you something else. the calamari is always fresh, maybe you just don't like the way we make it. i can't say this enough we are a family, only my parents handle the food, and they are very careful, our motto is, if we don't serve it to our children, we don't serve it to nobodies child, however old they are. i really wish that you would have told me your complaints one of the 3 times i asked you specifically about the food, then i think you wouldn't have such a bad experience, it's all about communication! you mentioned that the calamari was tender inside,so you see if it was spoiled it would have not been tender, but very slimy and the smell would cover the whole restaurant. the only thing left on your plates that evening was the rice and the potatoes, sorry i have a photographic memory.
anyway you have your opinion and i respect it, but I'm sorry that I don't agree with it.
everything would have been different if only you would have been honest and given us a chance to know what you thought was wrong. thanks for your review, too bad we won't be seeing you again, that's disappointing.
with much respect anastassia stacey koupantsis.