“Impeccable friendly service.”

Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

I have always loved the food at Its All Greek To Me, and it has been my very favorite restaurant since the first time I ate there, but when I arrived on a date at 3:00, an hour before the opening time, and they decided to seat us early and serve us right away. I was blown away by the friendly service.

This restaurant is run by the kindest people, I just love that. I'm not really a restaurant critic and I don't want to get into detail about the food, but I'm sure a food review of this restaurant won't be difficult to find. I give the food 5/5 anyways because I absolutely love everything I've ever tried there.

1  Thank Dave N
anastassia k, Manager at It's All Greek To Me, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2014

Hello Dave,
Let me start by saying how very sorry I am that I haven't responded in such a long time, to your or the rest of the reviews! I apologize sincerely, my eldest daughter is in her final year of high school and I am overwhelmed with stress by the amount of arrangements that have to be made for her to get into pre- med at the University of Alberta.
Your review is so kind, and I understand how my father could not have turned away such a kind, well spoken young man! Especially if he was on a date ;-) ! We all were young, once upon a time, we can relate!
Yes, this is a family restaurant, my parents are the owners and hand make everything we serve, they have 3 children, 6 grand children and 3 great grand children, big family!! And that is the way they have always run their restaurants, << respect your customer for he is not a customer he is a human being and go out of your way to make them feel at home!>> That is our policy. We try our best daily, not always succeeding to make everyone happy, but with the purest of intentions.
We always like to stay in touch, so next time you come in, come to the kitchen's window and say hi, I know my father would be very happy to see you again! He's there 24/7 to make sure everything runs smoothly. Bring a friend, ask for Stacey (that's me), I'd love to show you some awesome Greek family traditions!!
respectfully Stacey Anastassia Koupantsis

Reviewed June 27, 2013

My boyfriend had the vegan plate. It was covered in feta sprinkles. I had the calamari which smelled funny. It was wonderfully tender, but I ended up having to make a quick trip to the toilet afterwards.. The servings are huge. There is potatoes and greasy rice included with all entrees. The prices are about 18 a plate. If the prices were 10 a plate and the plates smaller it would be better. We will not be going back.

2  Thank kittensgirl
anastassia k, Manager at It's All Greek To Me, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

hello kittensgirl,
thank you for your review, it was rather eye opening.
i remember you and your friend, i helped to serve you, and i brought over your meals. i also came 3 times to your table to ask about the food and you never mentioned that there was a problem, you said everything was fine. I served your friend his vegan meal, but the kitchen would never sprinkle feta all over a vegan meal, the oil is not from the rice, it;s from the potatoes because they are oven baked and then kept in the warmer with the olive oil it was cooked with so it doesn't dry up. as for the calamari, there is no possibility that it was spoiled, spoiled fish and calamari smells so bad you would have not been able to eat even 1 ring.also we sell so much calamari on a daily basis that we prepare a knew batch every day. i understand that maybe you don't like the smell of the garlic or the other spices in the batter, but to say that it got you sick, that has never happened in our restaurant.
i also remember coming to your table to see if you wanted anything packed up, you said no, already your napkins on your plates, but you never gave me any information of what bothered you. first of all we would have not charged you, for the vegan meal if when i came by and asked if everything is ok, your friend never mentioned the feta,if he had we wouldn't have a problem to make him a new meal. or you could have told me that you thought the calamari was bad, first I would have tasted it in front of you and then i usually take it to my father and he tastes it too, and that way, we would have known and prepared you something else. the calamari is always fresh, maybe you just don't like the way we make it. i can't say this enough we are a family, only my parents handle the food, and they are very careful, our motto is, if we don't serve it to our children, we don't serve it to nobodies child, however old they are. i really wish that you would have told me your complaints one of the 3 times i asked you specifically about the food, then i think you wouldn't have such a bad experience, it's all about communication! you mentioned that the calamari was tender inside,so you see if it was spoiled it would have not been tender, but very slimy and the smell would cover the whole restaurant. the only thing left on your plates that evening was the rice and the potatoes, sorry i have a photographic memory.
anyway you have your opinion and i respect it, but I'm sorry that I don't agree with it.
everything would have been different if only you would have been honest and given us a chance to know what you thought was wrong. thanks for your review, too bad we won't be seeing you again, that's disappointing.
with much respect anastassia stacey koupantsis.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I have been to Greece a number of times and this food is as close or closer to the real thing than you will find anywhere outside Greece. I got some heartbreaking news. My family doesn't come to Red Deer to see me, they come to enjoy IAGTM! My daughter, SIL and son were in town for my wife's Memorial Service and I wanted to spend time with them in a fun atmosphere. They insisted we dine here.
The quality of the food is incredible with large portions. From the Lemon Drop soup to the homemade Baklava the meal was perfect. On Friday and Saturday nights there is a belly dancer to entertain. My 33 year old son was in love!
My son had the lamb which was cooked to absolute perfection. If you saw the mall piece he offered me to try you just knew it was cooked properly. My SIL is a very plain eater. He had the Greek chicken and ate every morsel. He insisted it was cooked to perfection. My daughter and I shared a platter and had enough food left over for two meals at home. I love there Pita bread with the dipping sauces.
Although the restaurant was packed as there was a wedding there, the service was flawless. Please don't tell anyone they are open for lunch. I maintain it is Red Deer's best secret and my favourite lunch time destination. Thanks Stacey for another great meal!

hello, ti kaneis? how are you and your children?
thank you for coming the other day,and of coarse thank you for your wonderful review!
you and your family are very nice people, with a lot of understanding. it was very busy, and I hope I gave you good service. it's always a pleasure to see you. give my regards to your children, and I hope to see you soon. with much respect stacey

Reviewed June 15, 2013

It is always wonderful to find a jewel like this in a strip mall. My first couple of trips to Red Deer, I didn't go in because of the unassuming location. I am mad at myself because I missed some of the very best food I have had in quite some time! Walking into this place, you are transported away from the mall and into a very comfortable and warm space. The décor is of course loaded with Mediterranean flair and the incredible aroma's coming from the kitchen are immediately intoxicating. I was just seated in time to see the table beside me being served two HUGE platters of food. I ordered the Marinated Lamb Chops and they are by far the very best I have had anywhere! The seasoning is perfection, and the meat was so tender and perfectly cooked. The platter is filled with rice and of course potatoes, and everything tastes amazing. But the lamb, truly still makes my mouth water in anticipation of my next trip through town. Outstanding service, very reasonable prices and a great ambience makes this little hole the wall stand out. I have returned three times and have had the same experience each time through. This really is a class act, just make sure you arrive hungry!

anastassia k, Manager at It's All Greek To Me, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

geia sou file mou, hello my friend.
thank you for your review, it has to be the most mouthwatering review we have ever had!!!!
I'm so excited you like our food and especially the lamb. a lot of people are scared to taste lamb, but if you know how to take care of it and have the patients to cook it, well in my book it;s the best meat that you can have.
i think I served you on one of your trips to the restaurant, and I always insist on people to try the lamb, that's why a lot of my customers laughingly call me a short bossy waitress. what can I do, my parents prepare and cook everything, so I know that their food is fresh and somewhat soul food, they actually sing and talk to the food while they are preparing or cooking.
I'm looking forward to seeing you again, remind me who you are, so I can thank you in person!
with respect anastassia stacey koupantsis

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I called for a reservation and was asked if we were coming for a special occasion. When we got there the staff were friendly and mentioned the special occasion. They gave us complimentary soup and baklava which was very considerate of them. The food came quickly, the servings were huge. For appetizers we had the 3 Dip Combo which was very good along with the Keftedes, Prawns & Bacon. All three appetizers were nicely presented and a good value. I personally had the Mousaka which was a huge serving, it was very good. The lemon potatoes were excellent! The side of Tzatziki that came with the meal was nice. I finished my meal with a Greek Coffee (bitter) and the Ekmek-Kadaifi which was excellent. The Baklava was very very good too. $200 before tip for 6 people was a very reasonable bill.

anastassia k, Manager at It's All Greek To Me, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

geia sas family Nielsen,
i remember taking your reservation on the phone, i think you were to come in on Sunday, I'm very happy that the staff understood the importance of you celebration. your review is very beautiful. I see you went all the way, appys, main,dessert and Greek coffee!! wow , too bad it was my day off, I would have loved to meet you all.
when I took your reservation I was very touched by your story and I've gone through the exact situation with relatives, so I made sure the staff new exactly how important it was for you.
we are very happy to have satisfied you and I hope we offered you a nice experience.
hope to meet you soon!
with much respect anastassia stacey koupantsis