“Consistently one of Red Deer's best restaurants.”

It's All Greek To Me
Ranked #14 of 330 Restaurants in Red Deer
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I have eaten here many, many years and the quality and quantity of the food never fail to amaze me. I have been to Greece and spent a month there. The food over there and in IAGTM is identical. One of my favorite meals to have is the lunch menu. I maintain it is Red Deer's best kept secret but starting to become common knowledge. The service is always top notch and my guests and family are always impressed. When my kids come up from Calgary they insist we go here. You will not be disappointed.
If you want a true Greek experience, go here for dinner - but don't go alone, take friends and family as well!

3  Thank awayIgo2travel
anastassia k, Manager at It's All Greek To Me, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

efxaristo! thank you, what can I possibly say about your review? the fact that you and your family honor us with your love and support, just makes me want to cry with joy. you can't imagine what this means to my family, they work so hard and as soon as I showed them your review, I actually heard my dad breathe with relief and pride. he is always concerned about all of us doing a great job and this just gave him such joy!:-)
I personally love the IAGTM logo you set up, and now my brother from Greece will be making tee's with that logo for the restaurant!
you are great people and can't say it enough, you are the reason we give it our all! thank you.
much love and respect Anastassia (stacey) koupantsis.

There are newer reviews for It's All Greek To Me

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Saturday night and I have a craving for lamb chops. There is only one place where the lamb is amazing, so off to It's All Greek To Me. Because its Saturday night we make a reservation for the three us for 7. The place is filling up, but we are seated promptly. We order drinks and a few apps. We order the three dip choice and we take the hummus, the tzatki, and the amazing feta dip. We also order the two flaming cheese's. Usually this is the hi light of the night, but tonight there was a bit too much alcohol used in the flaming and all I could really taste was booze. Note tho, I have eaten here many times and this is the only time this has happened. We then were treated to a bonus cup of lemon chicken and rice soup. Simply amazing! My wife had the spanakapita dinner and me and my buddy had lamb chops. My wife loved the plate and was thoroughly stuffed after eating only half. Jaren and I plowed thru our massive plates and it was deliscious. We then took a shot at a baklava each and then we too were stuffed. Food was top notch.
Because it was Saturday night there was a belly dancer and she added such a great dimension to the night. The restaurant was very busy but the wait staff and the kitchen staff were so quick that everyone was happily eating away at every table. Our waiter was very attentive and deserved every tip he made. Props to the other waiter who noticed my Arsenal jersey and talked a fe minutes of soccer with me. Even invited me to watch some premier league with him on any afternoon I could make. Such nice personable people really make going out more then just a dinner. Thank you It's All Greek To Me for making it a fun night!

2  Thank Thomas L

HELLO ARSENAL FAN
great review, thank you very much! we are very glad you had a good time! you guys keep us going with much joy for our work. as for the saganaki, sometimes that happens, especially if 2 or more saganaki come out all together it's just a matter of seconds that you can keep that flame going, and sometimes it just cools down before the alcohol is dissolved. I was the lady that talked with you at the till, always feel free to mention any mishaps, we will gladly have taken that item out of your bill. we are far from perfect, but we try ever day to do our best, but sometimes it's not good enough. mistakes happen but we are also willing to turn them into something good. I owe you and your friends a saganaki, it would be my pleasure! hope to see you again soon. as for sports my dad is a big fan so espn is always on our screens, come over and watch a game with them, you'll have a Greek blast!
thank you again. with much respect Anastassia (stacey) koupantsis

Reviewed March 22, 2013

The food is delicious but I will warn you...the portion sizes are very large.
If you like leftovers...no problem. All 3 of us thoroughly enjoyed our meals and the entertainment. The Belly dancer was great!
I ate the shrimp dinner which was shrimp in a tomato sauce with rice, lemon roasted potato and tzaziki dip. Very good!
One friend ate the spanokapita with all the same trimmings and she loved it.
The last one in our party ate the calamari dinner with all the trimmings...when it first came out we were wondering who ordered the party platter!!! Very tasty and tons of food! We had no room for dessert...believe me we tried but it was a no go!!!
We will definately be going back again!

anastassia k, Manager at It's All Greek To Me, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

geia sas filoi mas. hello our dear friends

I have to apologize for not responding for so long, I am dealing with some health issues that have taken away all my free time and energy.

your beautiful review has given us much pleasure and the right amount of joy to keep doing our job the best we can. The reality is that you are all very nice people, when we go to work, it's just like going to see family.
very glad you enjoyed our food, and the atmosphere. It would be a pleasure to meet you in person.
thank you very much.
with respect anastassia (stacey) koupantsis

Reviewed March 18, 2013

This restaurant has a good menu, great service and nice atmosphere. Reasonably priced, very busy at lunch and usually easy to get in for dinner. I really like the pizza here for eat in or take out. For me, it's authentic style, "Canadian" pizza.

anastassia k, Manager at It's All Greek To Me, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

geia sou bryon,hello!
I really appreciate the review and it would be great, but maybe there has been a mix up, with the restaurant you are reviewing.
It's All Greek To Me restaurant in Red Deer Alberta, is owned by a Greek family, the Koupantsis family, we only own 1 restaurant, and honestly, we don't serve pizza at all, we only serve Greek food.
from what I know there are a few restaurants, gyros- pita places and deli's with the same name as us, so maybe, there was a mix up.
we would love to have you dine at our restaurant, so you can give us a chance to introduce you to our menu.
thank you.warm regards anastassia (Stacey) koupantsis

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Food, service and decor were all very, very good. Great flavourings with freshly made dips and sauces. The portions were very large and two adults could easily split an entree, especially if ordering an appetizer. Make sure your decaf coffee really is as I ordered decaf and enjoyed a delicious cup of coffee which turned out, at 2AM to not have been decaf! Oops, but will definitely come back with family and friends.

geia sou hoodoomama,
very glad to here from you, and thank for your beautiful review.
actually, my husband and I just came back from our annual 4 day skiing trip to Banff!!
I am seriously so very sorry about the coffee, I can imagine your frustration at 2:00 a.m and I apologize about the mix up.:-(
I'm happy you enjoyed your food and the whole evening, and we hope to see you again! who knows we might even meet up in Banff, since we are thinking of coming over in April! :-)
your review got me brainstorming, so I think I'm going to set up a new system in the coffee bar, so this sort of mistake never happens again. do you mind if I call it the "hoodoomama coffee code"? sounds nice!
really hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again, thank you and your friends.
warm regards anastassia (Stacey) koupantsis