“Authentic Greek menu”

Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This restaurant has a good menu, great service and nice atmosphere. Reasonably priced, very busy at lunch and usually easy to get in for dinner. I really like the pizza here for eat in or take out. For me, it's authentic style, "Canadian" pizza.

anastassia k, Manager at It's All Greek To Me, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

geia sou bryon,hello!
I really appreciate the review and it would be great, but maybe there has been a mix up, with the restaurant you are reviewing.
It's All Greek To Me restaurant in Red Deer Alberta, is owned by a Greek family, the Koupantsis family, we only own 1 restaurant, and honestly, we don't serve pizza at all, we only serve Greek food.
from what I know there are a few restaurants, gyros- pita places and deli's with the same name as us, so maybe, there was a mix up.
we would love to have you dine at our restaurant, so you can give us a chance to introduce you to our menu.
thank you.warm regards anastassia (Stacey) koupantsis

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Food, service and decor were all very, very good. Great flavourings with freshly made dips and sauces. The portions were very large and two adults could easily split an entree, especially if ordering an appetizer. Make sure your decaf coffee really is as I ordered decaf and enjoyed a delicious cup of coffee which turned out, at 2AM to not have been decaf! Oops, but will definitely come back with family and friends.

geia sou hoodoomama,
very glad to here from you, and thank for your beautiful review.
actually, my husband and I just came back from our annual 4 day skiing trip to Banff!!
I am seriously so very sorry about the coffee, I can imagine your frustration at 2:00 a.m and I apologize about the mix up.:-(
I'm happy you enjoyed your food and the whole evening, and we hope to see you again! who knows we might even meet up in Banff, since we are thinking of coming over in April! :-)
your review got me brainstorming, so I think I'm going to set up a new system in the coffee bar, so this sort of mistake never happens again. do you mind if I call it the "hoodoomama coffee code"? sounds nice!
really hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again, thank you and your friends.
warm regards anastassia (Stacey) koupantsis

Reviewed March 7, 2013

great food and friendly service will have us coming back to this place! We came here with the kids and they enjoyed themselves a lot. You might think it's a little pricy, but you get a lot of food and it's totally worth it.Try this place!

geia sou susanna, hello susan! :-)
thank you for your review, it especially made me happy, because you say, your children enjoyed themselves!
always children are the priority, and making them happy and comfortable is very important to us.
all these years of serving and having 3 daughters of my own, I know that they are our strictest judges! hearing that children are giving us their approval, is the ultimate blessing for a family restaurant!
thank you so very much for coming, bringing your children to experience a different culture and our food.
my hello to your kids!
warm regards anastassia (Stacey) koupantsis

Reviewed March 2, 2013

On our recent visit to this restaurant, we were very pleased with the service and the food was great. We thought that the food is a bit over priced till we actually saw the food arrive. The quality and portion size of the meals were great and I thought they were great value for the money.
The server was friendly and although the service was very informal, it was nice. The only thing that took away some points is that they made the service too informal with our server also eating food while serving us just 2 tables away from us. Other than that, the visit was great. Will definitely recommend to friends.

anastassia k, Manager at It's All Greek To Me, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

hello my dear friends, geia sas filoi mou
I'm so thankful for your review, it's a very kind and revealing review!
I'm very happy that you liked our food and restaurant. on the other hand I have to apologize about the service and your server. I know who you mean, and believe me this will never happen again. As much as we try, sometimes the staff, just does their own thing, I had left early that night, and I guess, with the cat away,.....! usually when I try to explain why somethings are not allowed, the younger staff believes that I just don't want them eating!!
I publicly take responsibility and apologize, for this situation, and my parents invite you to come in to the restaurant, for a meal on the house with proper service.
thank you again, and we hope to see you again.
with respect anastassia stacey koupantsis

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I had family in from out of town and decided to take a chance on It's All Greek to Me even though we had never been there. Turned out it was a great decision. Our experience was positive from start to finish. We booked a reservation for last Saturday evening and good thing we did. It was very busy! Our waiter was very friendly and we received all of our courses very quickly. We had the calamari, fried goat cheese (can't remember the name) and bacon wrapped prawns (soooo good)! We also received complimentary soup. Always a nice surprise. We all ordered different meals but of course had to sample everyone's. The cod was fabulous and my husband said his steak was one of the best that he has had. The meals are huge so if you don't eat a lot, you may want to share. We had two different desserts and they were delicious! Great ending to our meal. The atmosphere was fun and entertaining and we all loved the belly dancer. We will definitely be going again and suggesting it to our friends!

hello our dear friends, geia sas!
We thank you that you took a chance with us! We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your evening and your food. your review is just wonderful, such beautiful words, I get so emotional when I read reviews, so much support and love from our customers, it's overwhelming!
we know how important it is to be able to give your guests a nice experience, so I'm glad you all had a good time!
I'm looking forward to seeing you again.
much respect