“Share a meal, they're huge!”

It's All Greek To Me
Ranked #12 of 330 Restaurants in Red Deer
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Sherwood Park, Canada
“Share a meal, they're huge!”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We took the family here on a Sunday night. It was great. The menu is large, and their portions are too. I shared a calamari and pita bread with my 10 year old, and we still had leftovers. The food was extremely fresh, and the service was great too. I would recommend it to anyone. (Being my birthday, the kids and I smashed a plate, it was one of the highlights of their Christmas vacation) Opa!

anastassia k, Manager at It's All Greek To Me, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Lynda geia sou!
I wasn't there that Sunday, but my server remembers you very well. we thank you for such a beautiful review. I am very glad you enjoyed your birthday, but more happy that the whole family especially the children enjoyed the food. It amazes me how the younger generation is more adventurous with food and are turning towards, healthy,wholesome quality food! :-) Good for you for exposing your children to a different cuisine!
I hope you come again when you are back to Red Deer. we would love to see you again.
warm regards Anastassia Stacey

Sechelt, Canada
“Our favourite place to dine in Red Deer. A little piece of Greece on the prairies.”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We often stop there when we are just going through Red Deer, and it is often a destination of choice for special occasions.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Jean C
hello dear friends.
I'm very very sorry it took me so long to respond, got caught up with a lot of paper work and had no free time. I so much enjoy your wonderful reviews, they just keep me going!
It's always a pleasure to serve you ,when you come through Red Deer. You honor us when you allow us to participate in your special occasions. It moves me deeply, to feel so close and like family with our customers. Thank you for your support and love. we love you too. Hope to see you soon.
with respect Anastassia Stacey
Red Deer, Canada
“Great food - lives up to the reputation!!”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Went here yesterday for my birthday meal and didn't particularly want the belly dancer's so decided on mid-week.
What a great choice....we were able to concentrate on the absolutely fabulous food that was served to us by a most courteous and friendly waiter. I had the lamb shank and it was probably the best I have ever eaten!!! There were 4 of us and not one complaint!!
I have been to Greece and the Greek islands many times on vacation (when I lived in the UK) and I can honestly say the food at this restaurant was every bit as good as, or better than any food I have eaten there.
Excellent food, excellent staff, great restaurant....definitely on the return visit list!!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Gareth69
anastassia k, Manager at It's All Greek To Me, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
hi how are you?
I remember you from last night! i'm very pleased you enjoyed your birthday and your meal. happy to hear you have been to Greece, that gives you a bit of a heads up on what to expect. both my parents are 100% Greek and they do all the preparations and cooking.that gives it authenticity, they both have been raised with homemade cooking so that's exactly the way they cook for others.
Agostin is a great server and being himself from the UK, he has a more European approach.
I on the other hand have to apologize for being all over the place trying to decorate for Christmas, but time is something I do not have this time of year. trying to prepare for X-mas parties takes up too much time, so I usually end up letting Agostin serve,and I tend to the details.
thank you again for your review. I will be seeing you again, and that makes us all very happy.
with respect Stacey (Anastassia)
“Our meal was fabulous!”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Our meal was fabulous! Service was excellent. Large portions of food! We won't hesitate to return. A great evening out!

geia sas ,hello.
wow...thank you very much,you managed to give a very clear picture in such few words!!! that is a gift. so happy you had a nice evening at our restaurant.you can't imagine how much strength your kind words give us. I do believe that we have the best customers in the world. so pleasant and nice, giving people, it just nourishes our soul. thank you again,i hope to see you, and have a chance to serve you.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Wow! What a plate!”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Stopped in on the way to Edmonton for lunch. The combo plate caught our eye because we were both hungry and wanted to try a few different things. It was huge! And ddelicious! A lemon rice soup came out first (a complete surprise, neither of us had noticed it on the menu), followed by garlicky, soft, warm pita and 3 very tasty dips. Next was a fresh greek salad. Finally a big plate of greek dishes came out. A little heavy (a lot of pastry, cheese and deep-fried calamari rings), but worth the price.

The service was great to. Our waiter was quick, friendly and attentive without being annoying (he left the jug of water on the table so he didn't have to keep interupting to top up the glasses).

Excellent lunch - very glad we took Tripadvisors advice on it!

• Visited November 2012
hi how are you?
thank you for your beautiful review. I'm so glad you enjoyed our restaurant and my parent's cooking. they work so hard, and every time I tell them about a review, I can see the sense of satisfaction in their eyes and their voice. the soup is called << kotopoulo avgolemono>> chicken lemon rice. my dad likes to give some complementary soup at lunch and most evenings. as he says<<soup and good food warm up the heart!>>. I hope we will see you again some day!
by the way Agostin your server enjoyed serving you that day as well. the reactions and the pleasant nature of our customers,makes our job a pleasure. helps us go through the day with a big smile! thank you again.