“Great food - lives up to the reputation!!”

It's All Greek To Me
Ranked #11 of 330 Restaurants in Red Deer
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Went here yesterday for my birthday meal and didn't particularly want the belly dancer's so decided on mid-week.
What a great choice....we were able to concentrate on the absolutely fabulous food that was served to us by a most courteous and friendly waiter. I had the lamb shank and it was probably the best I have ever eaten!!! There were 4 of us and not one complaint!!
I have been to Greece and the Greek islands many times on vacation (when I lived in the UK) and I can honestly say the food at this restaurant was every bit as good as, or better than any food I have eaten there.
Excellent food, excellent staff, great restaurant....definitely on the return visit list!!

1  Thank Gareth69
anastassia k, Manager at It's All Greek To Me, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

hi how are you?
I remember you from last night! i'm very pleased you enjoyed your birthday and your meal. happy to hear you have been to Greece, that gives you a bit of a heads up on what to expect. both my parents are 100% Greek and they do all the preparations and cooking.that gives it authenticity, they both have been raised with homemade cooking so that's exactly the way they cook for others.
Agostin is a great server and being himself from the UK, he has a more European approach.
I on the other hand have to apologize for being all over the place trying to decorate for Christmas, but time is something I do not have this time of year. trying to prepare for X-mas parties takes up too much time, so I usually end up letting Agostin serve,and I tend to the details.
thank you again for your review. I will be seeing you again, and that makes us all very happy.
with respect Stacey (Anastassia)

There are newer reviews for It's All Greek To Me

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Our meal was fabulous! Service was excellent. Large portions of food! We won't hesitate to return. A great evening out!

geia sas ,hello.
wow...thank you very much,you managed to give a very clear picture in such few words!!! that is a gift. so happy you had a nice evening at our restaurant.you can't imagine how much strength your kind words give us. I do believe that we have the best customers in the world. so pleasant and nice, giving people, it just nourishes our soul. thank you again,i hope to see you, and have a chance to serve you.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Stopped in on the way to Edmonton for lunch. The combo plate caught our eye because we were both hungry and wanted to try a few different things. It was huge! And ddelicious! A lemon rice soup came out first (a complete surprise, neither of us had noticed it on the menu), followed by garlicky, soft, warm pita and 3 very tasty dips. Next was a fresh greek salad. Finally a big plate of greek dishes came out. A little heavy (a lot of pastry, cheese and deep-fried calamari rings), but worth the price.

The service was great to. Our waiter was quick, friendly and attentive without being annoying (he left the jug of water on the table so he didn't have to keep interupting to top up the glasses).

Excellent lunch - very glad we took Tripadvisors advice on it!

hi how are you?
thank you for your beautiful review. I'm so glad you enjoyed our restaurant and my parent's cooking. they work so hard, and every time I tell them about a review, I can see the sense of satisfaction in their eyes and their voice. the soup is called << kotopoulo avgolemono>> chicken lemon rice. my dad likes to give some complementary soup at lunch and most evenings. as he says<<soup and good food warm up the heart!>>. I hope we will see you again some day!
by the way Agostin your server enjoyed serving you that day as well. the reactions and the pleasant nature of our customers,makes our job a pleasure. helps us go through the day with a big smile! thank you again.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

The service was good, the meal was just so-so. Nice ambience, nice belly dancer...I liked the food, my wife was less impressed.

1  Thank beachbumAlberta

hello my friends,thank you for your kind words. you put a smile on my face,but your wife's reaction has put an even bigger smile on my face. that's because she totally understands my mentality.our goal as a family,is not to impress!!! but to be true,consistent and give our best on a daily basis.of course we cannot satisfy everybody's taste because Greek cuisine is very different then the more western flavors people are accustomed to. i do believe that from all the items on our menu, there will be something that you both would like a lot. i wish i had served you that night ,so i could recommend a few things. if you honor us with your presence again, I'll make sure to be there and assist as much as I can. thank you again. with respect Stacey (Anastassia)

Reviewed September 30, 2012

What an amazing evening! My husband and I took our son and his girlfriend there for a fun evening. I must admit this is the best food in Red Deer! The Greek salad is so fresh and healthy..not drowned in heavy dressing. The skewers were perfect! The only negative was there are no substitutions on weekends. I understand that they are way too busy though. We will be back regularly!

1  Thank funluvincouple
anastassia k, Manager at It's All Greek To Me, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

geia sas fun loving couple,
thank you from my heart for your beautiful review. I'm very happy you enjoyed your night. very sorry for the substitution matter :-(, but you are right on the weekends it just gets too busy for some things to change,it just mixes up the line in the kichen. but next time ask for Stacey (me) to assist you and I'll do my best to accomodate your needs! we try our best to provide good quality food and good service, and honestly your reviews, warm our hearts and make my parents very happy. thank you,thank you, hope to see you again, just make sure to tell me who you are so I can take care of you and introduce myself. we are fun loving people too!!
with respect Anastassia (Stacey).