“Very less quantity of food”
Review of Rusty Pelican

Rusty Pelican
Ranked #61 of 323 Restaurants in Red Deer
Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian, Grill
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hinton, Canada
“Very less quantity of food”
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

This was my first stop as I am very starving after travelled from Hinton so my friend decided to have our late lunch in Rusty Pelican. Ordered Chicken Cordon Bleu and Chef's Combo (steak,shrimps and ribs) taste was just fine, I really love the mashed potato with gravy but the quantity of the entire meals which we ordered was very less from what you paid for! However I did not complain as our server is very friendly and accommodating!

Red Deer, Canada
“Good Food Value and Service- Maybe It's You?”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I have never had bad service here and have been going here for 12 years. I enjoy the fresh seafood and excellent service...especially the Mom and Daughter team of Mary Anne and April on Fridays and Saturdays! Cioppino is amazing, the Manager is always nice to us and has even taken our order to assist the servers and bused table when busy
The reviewer who complained of the "over anchovied" caesar salad fails to mention that is a requested ingredient, not "standard" -shame on you for leaving that out.
This is REAL food (from scatch) so if you like food out of a bucket, maybe you should go to Boston Pizza and other chains instead of bad mouthing local business....or Blondes!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank MsBonita
“Dont sit in the lounge at lunch.”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Was there 3 years ago and was treated like an outcast by the blonde bimbo behind the bar.She was very rude and curt with my wife and I.No hello,threw our menus on the table,did an eyeroll and walked away.Dont get me wrong the food was great and the waitress that served us after the bimbo seated us was very professional and personable.Well we came back recently and to my shock and dismay the bimbo was still working there.Well maybe she was just having a bad day the last time we came.I sat at the bar this time as I was just having a quick drink while waiting for a friend.She saw me and instead of asking me what I wanted,turned on her heels and walked out of the bar and into the kitchen.She came back 5 minutes later and I said excuse me but can I get a beer and she replies well why didnt you just ask me before.She could see that I was upset already and instead of fixing the situation she got snappy and made it worse.I cant believe that old hag is still there.I wonder how many people feel like me and have been treated like an outcast by this bimbo!!!!

• Visited March 2014
Red Deer, Canada
“Had a $175 bill and they refused to take the over-anchovied caesar salad off the bill.”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Subject lines sums it up. Arrogant manager, haven't been back and I highly recommend going anywhere else to eat.

• Visited March 2013
“Smelly Server”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Was in the Rusty Pelican not to long ago and had an older dark hair woman I think she said her name was Debra waited on us. We would of enjoyed our meal more had waitress left our table she stood there and talked the entire time and to make matters worst she smelled of nasty cigarettes how unappetizing. With all that free time she had I thought she would of taken our dishes away at the end of our meal but no she brought us our bill first then took the dishes. She asked us how we wanted to pay then had the assiduity to ask for cash who does that????

• Visited February 2014