“Don't Bother”
Review of Redstone Grill and Wine Bar - CLOSED

Redstone Grill and Wine Bar
Cuisines: Canadian, American, Wine Bar
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 45 St.
Description: Upscale casual Canadian seasonal cuisine in a contemporary atmosphere.
red deer
“Don't Bother”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Don't Bother with this restaurant. They are ridiculously over priced and the food quality is very low. We were very disappointed. Our entree's were both cold - the server was very non chalant about it and the management did nothing. Neither we nor any of our family and friends will be back.

• Visited November 2013

Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
“Great Food”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I haven't been to Redstone for a long time and a client had given me a gift card for Christmas, so we decided to go last minute. We got seated right away, service was quick, and the food was delicious. I was quite impressed overall!

• Visited December 2013
Calgary, AB
“Once a favorite, now not returning!”
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

My sister and brother in law are visiting from Florida and my sister and I share January birthdays, so we decided to treat ourselves to a special dinner out at redstone. What a mistake! I've been here before a few times an it was always good, however this time I noticed the wine list had changed and they no longer offered the wine that I always get. Not only that but when ordered the tomato bruschetta the waitress informed us they were out of bruschetta. I mentioned that I was looking forward to it her response was "well it's Sunday, we are running low on things, that's just how it is at the end of the week." How unprofessional. However it gets better, my brother in law ordered fries and the waitress came back to inform us they are out of fries as well. Again it's the end of the week, it must be normal for a restaurant to be out of fries and other things offered on the menu. Apparently a large table in the restaurant (it was almost completely empty in there) ordered all of the fries! Nice excuse, try an apology instead of lame excuses! Then the server continually interrupted us because she forgot to ask things like what people wanted for sides and how others wanted their steaks done. It was rather ridiculous, and this experience has turned me completely off of the place. Will not be returning!

• Visited January 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“In a town with no class”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Me and my cousin enjoy eating here! Food is always fantastic although the tenderloin is tiny. We found our experience quite pleasant, we were seated quickly and our waiter although being tattoo'd and having a shaved head (not the first idea of a friendly person) was very pleasant and knowledgeable by the end of our dinner we knew several things about our waiter so it made it a very personable experience! We moved into the lounge from the retaurant and were served by carmen who was a delight and over all fantastic! The drinks were tasty and did the trick :) will return asap!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank mikeNdonnaT
Red Deer, Canada
“So sad to report...”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Living in Red Deer there has always been plenty of choice for a decent meal, however, there has always been no choice for a restarant that is above the cookie cutters, one that has an inventive chef who can produce tasty, jaw dropping food. A restaurant with great service to match the menu and a place that has the ambiance to ensure a romantic meal.

That was until Redstone came to Red Deer. It opened amongst great fanfare. People were finally happy that there was somewhere to go that you could dress up for. That had standards to match the price. We went after hearing about it from friends and were very pleased. The service was impeccable, unrushed, informative and unobstrusive. The food was out of this world, the wine choice was vast and perfectly chilled. It was an expensive night but well worth it. We told everyone to go......and we returned over and over.

However, We had not been for about a year when we returned a week ago. The place was empty which I felt was odd. In the past you would have to book weeks in advance to get a table on a Saturday night. We were greeted by two young women that did not look professional and did not seem to know what to do. We were shown to our table and our waiter soon arrived. The young man, whom while very pleasant, had a very strong body odour which was very off putting. We almost left there and then.......I wish we had.
We ordered our favorite, the Mussels. They came and over five of mine were full of sand. I became fed up after a bit and stopped eating them. My husband didn't care as much and ate them all.
My husband ordered the lamb, I ordered the ribs. The ribs were very dry despite being covered in sauce. They were in edible. The best part was the broccoli and I could have done that at home.The lamb was ok but not the best, they serve much better lamb for half the price at Its All Greek To Me. Over all we were very disappointed.

Not only was the food not up to par but the wine list is now smaller and did not have our favourite wine. So I stuck to cocktails. The decor is very tired and the staff are not of the same calibre. One young man came to give us something to whet our appetite and we could not understand a single thing he said!

No one made an effort in their attire, I felt like I was sitting in Wendys.
If you are going to pay $38 for an entree and your bill is going to be over $100 you expect the surroundings to match. Redstone no longer meets the criteria for an upscale restaurant. They need to either update.....better staff, wine list, dress code. OR.....drop the prices to reflect the surroundings. I would not pay $30 for a salad at Wendys...why should I at Redstone?

• Visited September 2013