“In a town with no class”
Review of Redstone Grill and Wine Bar - CLOSED

Redstone Grill and Wine Bar
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 45 St.
Description: Upscale casual Canadian seasonal cuisine in a contemporary atmosphere.
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Me and my cousin enjoy eating here! Food is always fantastic although the tenderloin is tiny. We found our experience quite pleasant, we were seated quickly and our waiter although being tattoo'd and having a shaved head (not the first idea of a friendly person) was very pleasant and knowledgeable by the end of our dinner we knew several things about our waiter so it made it a very personable experience! We moved into the lounge from the retaurant and were served by carmen who was a delight and over all fantastic! The drinks were tasty and did the trick :) will return asap!

1  Thank mikeNdonnaT

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Living in Red Deer there has always been plenty of choice for a decent meal, however, there has always been no choice for a restarant that is above the cookie cutters, one that has an inventive chef who can produce tasty, jaw dropping food. A restaurant with great service to match the menu and a place that has the ambiance to ensure a romantic meal.

That was until Redstone came to Red Deer. It opened amongst great fanfare. People were finally happy that there was somewhere to go that you could dress up for. That had standards to match the price. We went after hearing about it from friends and were very pleased. The service was impeccable, unrushed, informative and unobstrusive. The food was out of this world, the wine choice was vast and perfectly chilled. It was an expensive night but well worth it. We told everyone to go......and we returned over and over.

However, We had not been for about a year when we returned a week ago. The place was empty which I felt was odd. In the past you would have to book weeks in advance to get a table on a Saturday night. We were greeted by two young women that did not look professional and did not seem to know what to do. We were shown to our table and our waiter soon arrived. The young man, whom while very pleasant, had a very strong body odour which was very off putting. We almost left there and then.......I wish we had.
We ordered our favorite, the Mussels. They came and over five of mine were full of sand. I became fed up after a bit and stopped eating them. My husband didn't care as much and ate them all.
My husband ordered the lamb, I ordered the ribs. The ribs were very dry despite being covered in sauce. They were in edible. The best part was the broccoli and I could have done that at home.The lamb was ok but not the best, they serve much better lamb for half the price at Its All Greek To Me. Over all we were very disappointed.

Not only was the food not up to par but the wine list is now smaller and did not have our favourite wine. So I stuck to cocktails. The decor is very tired and the staff are not of the same calibre. One young man came to give us something to whet our appetite and we could not understand a single thing he said!

No one made an effort in their attire, I felt like I was sitting in Wendys.
If you are going to pay $38 for an entree and your bill is going to be over $100 you expect the surroundings to match. Redstone no longer meets the criteria for an upscale restaurant. They need to either update.....better staff, wine list, dress code. OR.....drop the prices to reflect the surroundings. I would not pay $30 for a salad at Wendys...why should I at Redstone?

Reviewed August 23, 2013

We enjoyed a delicious meal for our anniversary. The mussels cooked with leeks and capers was an incredible tasty appetizer. There's enough mussels there for three people! The broth and tasty bits in the bottom are plate-licking good. It would be a perfect lunch choice.
My almond and lime crusted halibut served with risotto was perfectly cooked and presented. My husband's order of ribs was delicious too. We had one drink each and the bill was $113. It was one of the best tasting meals that we've had in quite awhile.
Our server was friendly and efficient. It was fairly busy for a warm Thursday evening.
As others have said, it could use some decorating tips, but the high quality of food was apparent.

1  Thank MJLAlberta_Canada
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This restaurant was a great find in Red Deer. The food and atmosphere are great. Our server Mo was very attentive and we had excellent service.

The restaurant is a little tired looking and could use a fresh coat of paint on the inside but don't let it deter you from going in and giving it a chance.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

The food and the service was very good. The restaurant is comfortable, clean and well appointed, There were 4 of us and we each ordered somthing different. We were all very happy with the food. We would definitely go again.