“Pricey”

Ranked #87 of 339 Restaurants in Red Deer
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Beautiful Fine dining Restaurant in the Heart of Downtown Red Deer, offering freshest ingredients and highest quality foods. Home made preserves and sauces. Elegant, romantic atmosphere for all occasions and special occasions, Extensive wine list and wonderful selection of top notch spirits.
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We have eatten in the lounge several times for lunch and it has always been good so we decided to go here for a small gathering to celebrate my husband's birthday. A few thoughts - the music was way too loud for the space and it made it difficult to visit, we were pleased with the service but overall I think the prices are too high for what you are getting. The chicken italiano was quite yummy but I was slightly disappointed in the choice of rice for the risotto, and the seafood portions on the pasta dish and the steak dishes were pretty skimpy. This is Red Deer's only independently run Italian restaurant and I would suggest that they rethink the dining room menu and the pricing.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

A group of friends went to this quainte little restaurant to ejoy some drinks in the lounge and supper afterwards . It turned out to be a complete evenings entertainment . the Lounge is very comfortable with a nice selection of wines . The appetizer t was awesome and went so nice with all our wines .
The restauarant is as nice and cosy a one as I have been in in a long time . The food was outstanding . The Owner ( Shawna ) even came by to visit .
It was a BRILLIANT nite out.

I found it so enjoyable - I booked our Companies christmas party there in a nice off to the corner private room ( 18 people)

Reviewed December 2, 2012

as far as italian goes, this place is the best in town. The location isnt that nice, but the food is pretty good, and the wine selection is decent. My wife and I attend here regularily for a private evening out.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Having lived in a city with a high population of Italians, I found this food to be not traditional. If you are looking for something new in Italian food this has it.
The good:
The menu has pastas, antipasti and many other items that are based on Italian cuisine, but all are very different with their own unique twists. Everyone generally liked what they had ordered. The sauces were mostly cream based and extremely rich. I reheated the side of gnocchi the day after and drained almost one third cup of butter fat!
The bad:
The restaurant was quite busy since this was a Friday night. The noise level from the people was very high (seems to be a trend these days). Mario Frangoulis was being played on the music system loud enough to drown out the chatter. After 2 hours of that my head was humming. Why two hours? We waited for a full hour after our appetizers had been cleared to get our food! Our server was very kind, courteous and there when we needed her. Just not our food. I had ordered a pear salad with candied walnuts and gorgonzola and a side of gnocchi. They didn't see the gnocchi on my order. It arrived as we were ready to leave. That is why I reheated it the next day. Our server was kind enough that she personally offered to buy a desert for us to share because she felt guilty for the delay. Where was management on this? Don't know, never saw them. They didn't come by to chat. I would have mentioned the delay.
3 appetizers, 2 salads, 3 entrees 3 drinks.....$240.00 the Gamberetti Proscuitto was very tasty but for 3 cheese filled prawns wrapped in proscuitto - $15. I think that if the ambience, setting, dining experience was 5 star, it would have been worth it. The setting was loud, the kitchen service was lacking, cracked plastic ceiling panels. For the overall experience, the price was way too high. I might catch a lunch here some time but not dinner. The food was tasty but diners pay for a dining experience. We didn't get our money's worth.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

After a business meeting we went to the Restaurant in my group numbering 20. This past summer I went on a Mediterranean Cruize where Italy was one of the destinations. When we entered the restaurant, the ambience was so good I thought I was back in Italy again. The Italian music and water statues made me feel after a while that I really was in Italy. The menu was so tempting that we tried most of the appetizers. Everything on the menu was excellent and everybody liked what they were served. Just delicious comes to mind. The service was good and everyone received what they ordered in good time considering how many of us were present. The wine selection was was also good. Considering our contingent, we made reservations ahead of time.