“mexican dinner was...”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Edmonton, AB
“mexican dinner was...”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

just ok...went in on a thurs. evening...few tables.
Lots of rice and refried beans made the entrees big.
Beef soft corn tacos & beef enchiladas were just ok.
Told kitchen was closed so couldn't try any dessert.

Visited March 2013

Red Deer
“Superb Meal”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

My husband and I each ordered different meals; when you arrive, you are properly seated and are served home made salsa with tortilla chips....these are great tasting with the salsa. Our meals were excellent when they arrived.

Visited January 2013
Saskatoon, Canada
“Authentic Mexian dining”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

In the heart of the Canadian praries it isn't easy to find real Mexican dining. This is the place. Good menu and selection. Great location and parking. Try it.....I liked it!

Visited June 2012
Banff National Park, Canada
“Pleasant and tasty Mexican food”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Very tasty meals, good size but not too huge. Service was friendly and decor a step or ttwo up from fast food, comfortable but not lavish. Would definitely go back.

Visited March 2013
Red Deer, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Canadian's Idea of "Authentic"??”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I read all of these reviews and I find it laughable that a bunch of Canadians are raving about how "authentic" this retaurant is. I AM Mexican and I am from Southern California. My family and I make REAL authentic Mexican food. Las Palmeras isn't even close to being authentic, let alone Mexican food. The first and only time I went there, I ordered chicken enchiladas. I don't know what they put the chicken in but it wasn't a corn tortilla as it should have been. It tasted like it had some kind of italian sauce in the enchilada. The refried beans were burnt and the rice was comparable to Uncle Ben's microwave rice. The chips were awful, the guacamole was gross. I barely ate what I ordered and was sick for SIX hours and had the worst heartburn. You want real Mexican food? Come to my house. If this is what Canadians consider authentic, I feel sorry for you. You have been DEPRIVED of authentic Mexican cuisine.

• Visited April 2012