“Don't bother booking!!!!”
Review of Motel 6 Red Deer

Motel 6 Red Deer
Ranked #15 of 29 Hotels in Red Deer
Reviewed January 1, 2012

My husband and I called from Ontario to just inquire about room rates and got probably the rudest person I had ever talked to. My husband owns his own business and I am a manger for a large corporate communications company. We were looking to stay for 5 nights and asked about a possible discount rate. When my husband was told no flat out he asked if she was serious that there was nothing she could do she spoke very rudely to my husband and hung up on us. I then called back and when I asked her to speak to the manager she proceeded to tell me he wasn't available and I then asked for corporate number she fought with me for about 5 minutes refusing to give me the number. After I got the number my husband then spoke to her and explained that this was uncalled for and we would make sure that this is dealt with, she continued to fight with my husband about the situation and then hung up on us once again.
I am very disgusted at how we were treated and that was only to make a reservation. I can only imagine how we would have been treated if we had actually stayed there!
I promise you I am following up with management and head office and I have put forth to my company that we will never stay in at a motel 6 as a company or personal again.
----

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Brownings5
Denie B, General Manager at Motel 6 Red Deer, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I would like to apologize for the situation at hand. At Motel 6 we do have the lowest national rates and so it does make it more difficult for us to negotiate beyond our standard rates and discounts. Your situation is under investigation and we are always looking to improve our customer service. If you would like to give more information on the situation please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel at 403-340-1749.

Denie Burski
General Manager - Motel 6 - Red Deer

Reviewed September 5, 2011

My husband and I were taking a long weekend getaway. I called, booked the room, got her name and a confirmation number. We arrived at the Motel and were told that there was no room available for us. I told her we had a confirmation number but she didn't care. When I asked why we had no room, she said housekeeping went home and didn't clean our room. I asked for the Manager and she said there was no manager. BEWARE calling and making a reservation at that motel is a waste of time. We went to the Days Inn in Red Deer and they were super to us and the room was great!! We will NEVER try the Motel 6 in Red Deer again!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jean2259
Denie B, General Manager at Motel 6 Red Deer, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2011

Thank you taking the time to post a review. We appreciate all feedback we receive, both the good and the bad. I was very sorry to hear that your experience with us was anything les than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations and make your experience as comfortable as possible. It is clear to me that in this specific situation we did not meet this goal, and I can assure that we will take steps now to prevent this from happening in the future. Once again, I would like to offer my apologies and we hope to see you the next time you are in Red Deer.

Staff and Management
Motel 6 - Red Deer

Reviewed August 31, 2011

This motel was a very pleasant surprise. The property appears quite new and in excellent repair. Our room was small but well laid out and very clean. Beds and pillows were comfy.
There is not a lot of amenities, so bring your own hair dryer, shampoo, internet connection cord.
Excellent value for our money.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Denie B, General Manager at Motel 6 Red Deer, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. I was so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our goal at Motel 6 - Red Deer is to ensure our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay, and it is always nice to hear how we are doing. Just so you are aware, for any future stays with us, we do offer amentities such as shampoo, hair dryers, ethernet cables, etc. by request. We have all these supplies and more at our front desk.

Again, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and we hope to be of service to you in your future travels.

Denie Burski
Motel 6 - Red Deer

Reviewed December 21, 2010

Love staying here!! Helpful, cheerful staff that go out of their way to help you and don't make you feel like you are bothering them. You just have to stay here to believe it!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 11, 2010

We stayed here for one night recently and we knew that we would arrive late and leave early so we really just needed a bed and a shower. It took us a while to find the hotel because it's hidden behind a Days Inn and is in a shared parking lot with a shopping area. You don't see it from the street and we only happened to come across it when, out of desperation, we thought we would pull into the parking lot and go to the Days Inn to ask directions. The front desk lady was friendly and quickly checked us in. We were booked on a non-smoking floor, but the hallway smelled of cigarette smoke. The room was OK.... minimal but would do for one night's sleep. It wasn't spotlessly clean - the carpet was stained and dirty, the bathroom floor looked like it could use a good scrubbing, and when I pulled the bedspread up the next morning to make sure I hadn't forgotten anything the carpet was dirty with crumbs and bits of stuff up against the bed. I even had doubts about the cleanliness of the bedding when I went to get in that night. The pillow cases were wrinkly in a way that they shouldn't be wrinkly if they were freshly laundered and the fitted sheet was questionable. I didn't want to make a fuss and a disturbance about changing the sheets because it was 10:00 p.m. and my son was already asleep in the next bed, so I sucked it up and went to sleep. My bed was hard as a rock, the heating system made a loud, startling noise every time it kicked in, and we were in a room on the top floor facing the noisy highway. I barely slept because of the bed and the noise. You get what you pay for. I think I'll spend a little more next time.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 2, 2010

I drove to Red Deer for business and found this place which has an awesome location. The price ($75) looked appealing, until i got to the room. One queen bed , no wireless internet (cable hook up only), a white hospital style theme, i don't think it is worth $75. I could have been to a place that didn't feel like a hospital.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 17, 2010

Our stay was incredibley awesome. The room was clean, and service to check in was quick and efficient. I have also recommended this Hotel to our customers at the Harley Davidson dealership that I work at, and they have had nothing but good things to say!!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
MotelSixRedDeer, General Manager at Motel 6 Red Deer, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2010

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Red Deer. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.