“Good Location”

Super 8 Red Deer City Centre
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Red Deer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Must have cought it on a bad day as the other few reviews are positive. A friend and I stayed while attending a Jeff Dunham show, girl was friendly at desk and helpful when we checked in. Room was not what I would call clean but not enough to complain. The bathroom door would not shut or lock but oh well. After the show we figured we d have a drink and watch a movie. Turned the tv on and it was flipping around and would take any comands(useless) needed an old priest and a young priest to exorcise it's demens. I went down to front desk to talk to the new lady on shift and she was just ignorant. First insinuating we re not smart enough to use a tv, then saying it wasn't her problem. Finally got her to come see the problem. Was snotty all the way to room and grabbed the remote like we were incompetent but oops, it did the same for her. She then says we could switch rooms, but no separate beds. That's not happening. I asked then for a discount on the room and after another argument she offers a whole 20 bucks off room. We say fine and decided to head to bed. Had to go to three different floors to get a bottle of water as the machines were all not working and the pull out hideabed had a spring jabbIng me. And to cap it off when check out time came she said she could not give me the discount or let us pay in cash as the room had already been put through my visa and again insinuating I had booked the room the wrong way, and had I booked differently it would not have been a problem. Like I m to know in advance theirs going to need to be a discount needed. Perhaps I should have brought my own tv and bed. Had she treated me more civil I wouldn't care. You pay 140 for not even 24 hrs you expect better. I won't be staying their again. If I want to be treated like that I'll go stay a night at my ex-wife s house.

• Stayed April 2014
Camrose
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We've repeatedly returned to this super 8 property...never disappointed! Clean, comfortable, quiet with good breakfast. What more could you ask for?

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends