“Way better than I expected”

Super 8 Red Deer City Centre
Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Red Deer
Edmonton, Canada
“Way better than I expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2012

I stayed with another adult one night here while attending a conference over a weekend. The rate was way better than the conference centre and it was only two minutes' drive away. The room was very big, very clean, well-appointed and it appeared to have had renos in the recent past. The beds were comfy and although this hotel is located where two major roads come together it was extremely quiet and we both slept very well. Breakfast was included in the rate and it included eggs two ways, pancakes and french toast, several kinds of cold cereal, yogourt, pastries, and juice, coffee and tea. There is a Tim Hortons in the hotel parking lot as well if you prefer that to the included breakfast but with the choices it had available I don't know why one would! I will definitely stay at this hotel again the next time I am in Red Deer!

Room Tip: Our room was on the third floor right around the corner from the elevator so we got some noise in th...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Vicki P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Lethbridge, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2012

We stayed over on a Friday night on our way up to Edmonton.(Jan13/12) The first good sign was how busy the parking lot was a 9PM. Inside several people were in the lobby. The staff were very courteous and efficient and the wait was not long at all. The hotel is about 6-7 years old. I read in Trip Advisor that the hotel may not have an elevator but yes it does. We asked to be put on the top floor and were accomodated. The room was a good size. The bathroom was VERY clean, even my husband commented on that. The carpet was well maintained but could has used a thorough cleaning, but I am being a bit picky here. The breakfast was your standard continental breakfast ( did have powdered scramble eggs!) but the staff person again was extremely friendly. We have stayed in other more expensive chain hotels and this by far was better value and comfort. Thanks to the staff.

Room Tip: top floor was very quite
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DebC420
Lethbridge, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2011

I took a tour bus load of kids and parents to Red Deer (Kyodokan Judo Club) on Dec 2nd 2011 to stay over night for competitions the next day. Before we left for home the next day, the weather deteriorated and the highways were closed. I called the hotel and they told me that they didn't have enough rooms for us but they would quit renting rooms and see what they could do. When we arrived back at the hotel, the staff went out of their way to accommodate all of us. My wife and I stayed with some friends in Red Deer, but the girls at the desk told us that they had a room for us if we wanted. They went "above and beyond" to accommodate all of us and let me leave my bus there to plug it in. I think the staff at this hotel should get a big KUDOS for their EXCELLENT service. I will stay there again and would highly recommend this hotel to everyone. The hotel itself is excellent and very clean, and I can't say enough about the EXCELLENT service we received Hats off to all the staff at Super 8 Red Deer City Center!!!

Room Tip: All of the rooms in this hotel are good. If you need extras, all you have to do is ask. The staff g...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights while we were in town as vendors for a Christmas craft show. The hotel is only 10 minutes away from Westerner Park which is where the show was.

The hotel lobby and breakfast room are well maintained, clean, brightly light and very inviting. The rooms themselves seem a little worn out (bed covers, carpet, chairs) but is still decent. The room we had on the main floor is very spacious with a king sized bed. There was a fridge in our room, which was convenient for storing groceries and keeping drinks cold!

My one complaint is that the people living above our room were running and jumping so the noise from the ceiling was a tad annoying and quite loud.

The complimentary breakfast features scrambled eggs, pancakes, hard-boiled eggs, assorted breads, muffins, fruits, orange/apple juice, coffee, cereal and oatmeal. The scrambled eggs are SUPER rubbery!
The lady working in the breakfast room was very friendly; it was so nice to see her each morning!

For the price and location, I'd definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: If you get a room where the people living above you are stomping around, call front desk right away...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2011

Clean Hotel rooms a little dated furniture very nice staff over all a good experience it is very central close to Restaurants & Down Town. Has a Tim Horton’s on the same parking lot for the Coffee nuts!!!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Kelowna, BC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2011

My husband and I spent three nights in June and were quite satisfied. We were visiting family in the area. There is no pool here but the room is clean, the breakfast is adequate - stay away from the eggs!! Free parking, next door to a Tim Horton's. Mostly the other reviews are right - good place to stay, nice people, good room.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chrisKelowna_BC
Fort McMurray, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2010

We booked a jacuzzi suite for 110$ through Expedia. We booked the Ramada but Super 8 took over. The room is very clean and very modern. I am very impressed with this hotle, jacuzzi is next to bed and there is a mini fridge. Walking distance to some restaraunts, went to Original Joe's great food, noisy but happening!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple