“Good Value for the Dollar”

Best Western Plus Red Deer Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Red Deer
Edmonton
“Good Value for the Dollar”
Reviewed October 20, 2009

We were in Red Deer recently and enjoyed this hotel despite it being in an industrial area. We were impressed with how sparkling clean our room was! Though not walking distance to the Malls, it isn't more than an easy 10 minute drive. Easy access to the the Highway but not loud. It's close to a few good dinner restaurants. Complimentary breakfast was excellent!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Central Alberta
Reviewed October 13, 2009

With 30+ teenage boys, hotel stays can be tough but I have to say, The Best Western made our stay a delight. They were so organized, even having rooming lists ready for the coach. Check in only took moments and it was great to be given information right then and there about the free hot breakfast and the pool hours.
Breakfast was fantastic, with real egg dishes. Just what the boys needed before a big game.
Staff was friendly and helpful and ready to provide extra pillows and blankets for the pull out couches. I know where I will be on my next trip to Red Deer.

• Stayed October 2009
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed July 23, 2009

Clean, afordable, easy to find defently stay there again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Edmonton
Reviewed July 16, 2009

stayed here for 3 nights , as a family 0f six it is very hard to find one room to accomadate all of us.The room was clean and we had asked for a play pen which was in are room and set up when we got there. Over all a decent breakfast it changed day to day bacon , sausage , french toast this is more of a hot continetal breakfast.All staff were friendly and willing to help out.Location is 1 min off hwy 2 3 min to gaetz ave which is a main drag.Motel is a good bang for the buck found it cheaper on travelocity for 3 nights and saved $60.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
White Rock, Canada
Reviewed May 9, 2009

We booked the BW in Red Deer to visit our daughter who worked and lived near Bower Place mall. Unbenounced to us, we did not realize that Red Deer was split into 2 areas. The BW Red Deer is at the Hwy. 2 exit a 15 minute drive into Red Deer. I must say, a nice hotel with good amenities and great for a transient traveller in Alberta but certainly not for those who want to visit Red Deer.

I did book on the BW website with a 24 hour cancellation requirement; however, after driving in and around Red Deer for 1.5 hours we finally found the BW at the other end of the town (not indicated on the internet BW ad). We chatted with the front desk person who said because we booked on the internet we required a 7 day cancelllation notice - I showed her our confirmation letter that said 24 hours. We wanted to cancel the reservation and she called the Manager who told us that the clerk had no ability to change the reservation as the credit card would have been charged the previous evening. I asked her if she was able to credit the visa the next day and she said she was not in as it was Sunday. I asked her to credit our visa on Monday and she said she did not know if it was possible to reverse the visa charge. She then offered us a $20 reduction on the room - we gave up and accepted. Interesting when we finalized the checkin the clerk asked for our Visa and said that she would only charge us the reduced rate. I told her I found that interested as the Manager "L" said it had already gone through - I told the clerk that the manager had been 'untruthful' - no surprise I guess. All I can say is shame on me because I accepted lesser than satisfactory from BW. I had spent the previous night at the BW in Drumheller but I will now ensure that BW is never a choice for us again. We travel a lot and am disappointed in this representative - I guess satisfaction guaranteed is not BW's motto.

I see that the Days Inn and Hotel 6 are in nice location to the Bower Mall and Red Deer amenities including down-town. Enjoy Red Deer, just don't make BW Red Deer Suites your hotel of choice.

FYI _ the free internet, micro & fridge in the room is a nice addition. The rooms are new and clean. I have no problem with the hotel other than its location (other than for a stop-over), its management and its policies.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Hosta_La_Vista
Lethbridge, AB
Reviewed April 12, 2009

-We stayed at the Best Wester Red Deer Inn & Suites for one night on February 27-28, 2009 and we will share about our stay.
Our first impression was the large, spacious general lobby with a fireplace and fine furniture, nicely arranged. Of interest, also, was a computer for guest use where we could check our e-mails.
The people at the registration desk were very friendly and efficient.
Our room was so inviting with the cleanliness, the spacious bed with the uniquely arranged pillows, the table with two chairs, and even a very comfortable office-style chair at the desk. Everything about the room was simply great.
In the morning we went to the spacious and well-furnished breakfast area with a great assortment of foods, fruits and drinks.
My wife, Ruth, was attending a meeting which would likely not end till 3 PM. We also had some car trouble. We had taken the car to the VW dealer for repairs and were not sure what time we would get it back. The receptionist was very gracious to arrange for us to keep the room until 3 PM. What a great help that was for us!!
Our experience in Red Deer at the Best Western was obviously a 10 out of 10.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Ontario
Reviewed September 15, 2008

Excellent location besides the exit.
Friendly and effecient staff.
The included breakfast was above average.
The room was clean and spacious and had everything the traveler needs.

• Liked — New and value
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family