“Not bad but not as good as other choices in city”
Review of Addy's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Addy's
Ranked #36 of 333 Restaurants in Red Deer
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Reviewed March 4, 2014

It takes a while for the food but that is because it is prepared fresh. However the food is not as good as Sam's Donair. The pies at Addy are very good.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Went to Addy's for lunch yesterday. I had read positive reviews on both Trip Advisor and Yelp. I enjoy food from a wide variety of countries and try to support local, non-chain restaurants. The decor was pretty much as described in the reviews - spartan. There was a steady flow of customers but my friend and I didn't have to wait for a table as lots of people were getting take-out. After reviewing the menu we decided to share a falafel plate, a cheese pie and a spinach pie. The falafel plate comes with a choice of salad, we went with the tabboulleh salad. All of the food was very flavourful. The hummus was smooth, with a nice bit of garlic. The pies were good too, not made with filo dough as I had expected, but with a rich dough, cooked to perfection. The tabboulleh salad offered a nice contrast to the rich cheese pie and hummus. The falafels themselves were tasty, just the right blend of spices. All served with hot peppers and pickles. I will definitely order from Addy's again. I want to try the baba ghannouj and foul salad. I had hoped to get a good rich expresso but at this time it was only regular coffee. The service was timely and friendly. It is nice to be able to support local restaurants and get delicious food too. I recommend you give it a try.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Addy's has not been open long, which may explain its rather spartan decor, however, one should not be put off by this, because the food is delicious. We tried Addy's for the first time just days ago, and were really pleased with the quality of the food, the service, and the care with which the food was prepared. I had a chicken plate, and my husband had a lamb plate. With each, came a choice of two salads plus a choice of garlic bread or pita. It was very clear to us, from the outset, that the food had been prepared only when we ordered it, because it was wonderfully fresh when it arrived at our table. The owners, Syrian Canadians, are lovely, quiet spoken individuals who take great care to ensure that each meal is prepared to perfection. We will, definitely, return.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

We have taken out food from Addy's 4 times and each time we have been so happy with the food. It is delicious, great value for your money, and very friendly owners.