“Disgusting”

Pho Thuy Dong Vietnamese Restaurant
Ranked #63 of 330 Restaurants in Red Deer
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed January 10, 2014

When we stepped in yesterday we were immediately overcome by the stench. It was like stepping into a bucket of the cheapest lemon cleaner you could buy. If I hadn't had plans to meet someone there, I would have turned around and left right then. The waitress was rude, but two positives were that the service was prompt and the prices reasonable. However the food was garbage, so ten bucks a plate is still ten bucks for gross food. I had the chicken salad wraps, the chicken was full of gristle and inedible. I also had the chicken satay stir fry, which I was able to eat after pulling out all the onions which were clearly beginning to rot. I will NEVER go back here. What a horrible experience.

There are newer reviews for Pho Thuy Dong Vietnamese Restaurant

Reviewed September 6, 2013

A friend and I were in Red Deer and had lunch at this restaurant. I've eaten at many Vietnamese places in Edmonton and Calgary, all were authentic and very, very good. Pho Thuy Dong was bland, the nuoc mam was so watered down, it gave no flavour to the dish, there was none of the fresh mint or fresh basil, usually served with the dish, I asked for some, but they had neither. My friends Pho was basically warm water. Some ethnic restaurants try to satisfy the north American palate, and everything goes into a 'blander'.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I came here for the first time the other day. It is by far the best Vietnamese restaurant I've ever been to. It's very cheap so the value is for your dollar is very good. The service is very quick and the atmosphere is so peaceful. It almost feels like you're in Vietnam. The music tops it up. We had a reservation for 6pm, and it worked out great. Our table was ready for us when we got there. The Pho soup is good. I had it with beef and beef meatballs and the meatballs were terrific. I would come here again.

2  Thank oilersfan95
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I go here all the time with friends, family, dates. It is by far the best vietnamese restaurant and if you love vietnamese food and inexpensive food I highly recommend! The service is very quick, the atmosphere is peaceful and they have the best dipping sauce for their salad rolls. My favorite dishes are the vermicelli noodle bowls, any of them!

2  Thank Claire W
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I've been frequenting "The Pho" for about 6 years now. The spring rolls and spicy chicken wings are excellent. As the name suggests, their Pho soup is always great; very flavorful broth.

If you like spicy, try the Chicken Satay, or Curry Shrimp. Chow-mien dishes are also great. Good Vietnamese coffee as well. I have had better vermicelli bowls elsewhere, however.

Very quick and inexpensive. Always great service. Lots of fresh veggies in every dish. I will keep coming back weekly.

1  Thank Joe_Blow_RD