“Had a great meal” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of State and Main Kitchen & Bar

State and Main Kitchen & Bar
Ranked #10 of 320 Restaurants in Red Deer
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Victoria, Canada
“Had a great meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Visiting family in Red Deer and we wanted a good place to go for lunch. My sister recommended your restaurant. I am glad she did. Quite large restaurant, nice decor, great atmosphere. Great menu lots of selection. I had fish tacos, my mom had the chicken gumbo soup, my dad and sister had the regular hamburger, the food was excellent. Bit pricey for lunch but we had a good time. Service was excellent. Overall great experience.

Visited August 2013

Red Deer, Canada
“Wow ! impressive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Food was fantastic the best I have had in Red Deer in awhile, and our server was a trooper
she was working injured and still provide top notch service.
It was refreshing to actually get service in this type of establishment we didn't even have a man with us....

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank sueww
Ponoka
“good food and portion size”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

Went here for a business lunch and the food was good and the protion size was good. Never had an empty glass with good service. Parking was horrible as it shares the parking with many other businesses.

• Visited June 2013
Red Deer, Canada
“Good but not wowed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

I was pretty excited to take my family here for our first time today. I had heard a few good reports and since Original Joes is my favorite restaurant, and knowing they are run by the same group, I was sure it'd be great. I even noticed a lot of similarities on the menu as OJs. The decor was great and I was looking forward to digging into our order. Overall the food tasted pretty good but when we ordered I asked if the quesadillas were the same as OJs (best in Red Deer) and I was assured they were... but they weren't as good and the order was half the size... very disappointing. But since my families orders were huge I definitely got enough to eat. The fettuccini & meatballs were extremely spicy with no indication on the menu, so my daughter could not eat it all. Our waitress only asked once if we needed refills or how the food was at the beginning... Then we barely saw her again. Someone else cleared our dishes and then she came back to bring the bill. It wasn't very busy in there (Sun. @ 1:30). Anyway, Ill give it another try and I hope it's better.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank bigbob1168
Northern Ontario
“DRAGON BOATS R THE BEST”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Went Sat eve before Mothers Day... We asked for a Booth, and were given one, had a great waitress from North Bay Ontario. Polite , knowledgeable re menu, appetizers were so good , dragon boats and bruschetta,,,, had Halibut fish and chips , excellent. overall , will return...

• Visited May 2013