“Shouldn't say they are family friendly because they arnt...” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of State and Main Kitchen & Bar

State and Main Kitchen & Bar
Ranked #10 of 320 Restaurants in Red Deer
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Canadian
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Shouldn't say they are family friendly because they arnt...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

We went there as a family with our 7month old and they have NO highchairs!! I had to hold her the entire time we ate. The girls told me to next time bring in her carseat. She's not in a carry carseat. I was really annoyed and I won't be going back. Fail.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank acgm

“Exelent Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

We Came here as a Party of 3 on Saturday October 13th, 2012. The Food was really good. The one suggestion that I would make is faster service. It was slow on the 13th and I do understand the fact that it was very busy. But I would like to see the servers walk faster when they go about their business. That's my suggestion for improvement.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mikeman222
Red Deer, Canada
“No highchairs or boosters”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

My husband and I were planning on checking out State and Main on our date night. When our babysitter fell through at the last minute, I called the restaurant to see if children were allowed and was told that children were welcome in the dining area. Upon arriving at the restaurant with our toddler and being asked about how many were in our group, I replied that we were two adults plus one for a high chair. The hostess then said that they don't have any high chairs and the other young lady next to her said "We don't do high chairs or booster seats here. But we could put you in a booth." We decided to go somewhere else. I was disappointed that staff on the phone informed me that children are welcome but then the restaurant had no high chairs or booster seats, sending a message that perhaps only older children are actually welcome. I can't rate the restaurant on food, service, etc so my overall rating only reflects family-friendliness.

Visited October 2012