“Valentine's Dinner”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Red Deer, Canada
“Valentine's Dinner”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

We decided to try the Boulevard Restaurant for our annual Valentine's Dinner out. The serving staff was very friendly. The food was awesome! There was a special Valentine's menu with numerous appetizers, salads, soups, entrees, and deserts to choose from. We both started our meal with a tropical spinach salad. This was followed by a prime rib option and chicken with crab and both were absolutely delicious! The chocolate pudding with salted caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream was the perfect finishing touch to our meal. The prices were on the high end for Red Deer, but worth every penny for a special occasion.

• Visited February 2014
Michael H, Manager at Boulevard Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
I cannot begin to explain how much we appreciate your detailed feedback regarding our Valentines Day specialty menu. A lot of work and time was put into each course and from the sounds of it; major success. Thanks again Ken for choosing the Boulevard restaurant as your annual Valentine's Day choice this year and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Calgary, Canada
“Food crush”
Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

I travel to red deer on business for several days every month. I always look forward to my dinner. Food is amazing and consistently excellent always sit in Jackie's section. Service is top notch

It's feedback like this that makes our occupation worth while. Thank you Belinda B. for your kind words regarding Jackie's service style. She works hard at what she does and remains a gem at the Boulevard. Look forward to seeing you on your next visit!
Red deer
“Loved it!”
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

Love this place! Awesome service and food was excellent.. Our server was so knowledgeable, great atmosphere and enjoyed the ornaments and candles on the table

Visited December 2013
Michael H, Manager at Boulevard Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words Megan. December was definitely a festive month with our decorations and speciality menus. This year looks no different with the Valentine's Day around the corner. Hope to see you again in the near future!
Alberta
“Meh....”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Thought we would try something different for a dinner out and were disappointed. The food and service were both merely mediocre at best.

We ordered a couple appetizers which were ok, nothing to make me want to run back and have again. My husband had the salmon which was good, however the other 3 of us had steak. The veggies were overcooked, my salad was boring and the ceaser salad was merely ok. The steak had ok flavour however was tough tough tough... If you are staying at the hotel it would be ok for dinner or cocktails, however I would not go out of my way to go there again. Another miss for a great dining experience in Red Deer :(

• Visited January 2014
Thank you travelladyAlberta for taking the time to review our restaurant. This type of feedback is always appreciative as it allows us to target what might have gone unnoticed. Our menu is designed to cater to a wide market however, the kitchen is always up for a challenge. If there is something specific that you would like to try next time, please let us know and we'll rise to the request.
Rocky Mountain House, Canada
“The prime rib was very good”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We decided to venture outside of our usual handful of restaurants we frequent, and went to check out the Boulevard after reading the rave reviews.

We started with the salt and pepper wings as an appetizer - they were very good. My husband ordered the free-range chicken with baked potato, and I ordered the prime rib with the chef's pasta and garlic mashed. My dinner was excellent - the prime rib was wonderful, as were the pasta and mashed; we would definitely go back just for the prime rib meal. Although my husband will pretty much eat anything, he left about 40% of the food on his plate and said it wasn't very good.

As for service... well, if we were to go back I would definitely request that we not be seated in the same servers section. When she came for our drink order, we just asked for water because we're not big alcohol drinkers. It seemed like once we only ordered water, she had an instant attitude.... I thought I was the only one who noticed, but my husband said he noticed it too. Her attitude throughout our whole dinner remained the same and I have to say, I was irritated when my husband told me he tipped her.

We would go back for the prime rib, but would definitely ensure not to sit in her section.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank AprilfromRocky
Thank you so much for your response AprilfromRocky. We really appreciate the feedback regarding our food and service. The prime rib is definitely a gem among the menu. It is regretful to hear about the service not being of high standard, as this is something I pride myself on. I hope you'll dine with us in the future and give us a chance to make amends.