“Loved it!”

Boulevard Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #1 of 330 Restaurants in Red Deer
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Boulevard Restaurant & Lounge features a menu prepared by the award winning, Chef Emmanuel David. Our meals are paired with featured wine selections and decadent desserts that will leave you satisfied. Some of the highlights of Chef Emmanuel's career have included preparing a state dinner for Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, opening his own restaurant in west Edmonton, and participating in top-level, international culinary competitions for both Culinary Team Canada and Culinary Team Alberta. Executive Chef Emmanuel David was born in Granada. After his arrival in Canada, he attended college in Montreal, moving west to Regina in 1982. Since then, Chef Emmanuel has steadily gained recognition for his talents, working in kitchens across North America and competing in numerous national and international culinary competitions.
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Love this place! Awesome service and food was excellent.. Our server was so knowledgeable, great atmosphere and enjoyed the ornaments and candles on the table

Michael H, Manager at Boulevard Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words Megan. December was definitely a festive month with our decorations and speciality menus. This year looks no different with the Valentine's Day around the corner. Hope to see you again in the near future!

There are newer reviews for Boulevard Restaurant & Lounge

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Thought we would try something different for a dinner out and were disappointed. The food and service were both merely mediocre at best.

We ordered a couple appetizers which were ok, nothing to make me want to run back and have again. My husband had the salmon which was good, however the other 3 of us had steak. The veggies were overcooked, my salad was boring and the ceaser salad was merely ok. The steak had ok flavour however was tough tough tough... If you are staying at the hotel it would be ok for dinner or cocktails, however I would not go out of my way to go there again. Another miss for a great dining experience in Red Deer :(

Thank you travelladyAlberta for taking the time to review our restaurant. This type of feedback is always appreciative as it allows us to target what might have gone unnoticed. Our menu is designed to cater to a wide market however, the kitchen is always up for a challenge. If there is something specific that you would like to try next time, please let us know and we'll rise to the request.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

We decided to venture outside of our usual handful of restaurants we frequent, and went to check out the Boulevard after reading the rave reviews.

We started with the salt and pepper wings as an appetizer - they were very good. My husband ordered the free-range chicken with baked potato, and I ordered the prime rib with the chef's pasta and garlic mashed. My dinner was excellent - the prime rib was wonderful, as were the pasta and mashed; we would definitely go back just for the prime rib meal. Although my husband will pretty much eat anything, he left about 40% of the food on his plate and said it wasn't very good.

As for service... well, if we were to go back I would definitely request that we not be seated in the same servers section. When she came for our drink order, we just asked for water because we're not big alcohol drinkers. It seemed like once we only ordered water, she had an instant attitude.... I thought I was the only one who noticed, but my husband said he noticed it too. Her attitude throughout our whole dinner remained the same and I have to say, I was irritated when my husband told me he tipped her.

We would go back for the prime rib, but would definitely ensure not to sit in her section.

1  Thank AprilfromRocky

Thank you so much for your response AprilfromRocky. We really appreciate the feedback regarding our food and service. The prime rib is definitely a gem among the menu. It is regretful to hear about the service not being of high standard, as this is something I pride myself on. I hope you'll dine with us in the future and give us a chance to make amends.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Incredibly creative menu, delicious food, and excellent service. Experience was so unexpected as we were just stopping at a hotel by the highway...such a treat.

Farid M, Manager at Boulevard Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

Sometimes the unexpected experiences are the most memorable. We really appreciate the feedback about the food and service as it is something we pride ourselves by. If you are ever in Red Deer again, make sure to stop by and say 'hello'!

Reviewed December 7, 2013

I was there giving some training courses. There were pastries at coffee and throughtout the day.
We had our lunches in the meeting room. Each day the menu was different. One day it was pizza. Pizza may not sound great but they brought 6 different pizzas and they were all spectacular and different. One day it was beef bugandy another day it was cocovan. Just awesome food.

Thank you Dave for taking the time to write about your experience. We know the importance of coffee during a training session and appreciate your feedback regarding the food selection. Variety is the spice of life after all. Hope the new year treats you well and look forward to seeing you in the future.