“We look forward to going back”
Review of One Eleven Grill

One Eleven Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
One Eleven Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 325 Restaurants in Red Deer
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Taylor Drive
Description: New restaurant, opened Nov 3, 2011.
Rocky Mountain House, Canada
“We look forward to going back”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We were on a roll this past weekend and decided to try a few new restaurants in Red Deer - this was our favourite of the 3!

We arrived shortly after 5pm with no reservations on a Saturday night. They said they could seat us at a reserved table, as long as we were out before the next reservation time - we were more than fine with that since it gave us 2 hours to eat and move on.

Our waitress was perfect - the exact style of service I love having... pleasant, not fake friendly, not excessively attentive, but always seemed to stop by the table at the right time... I wish I would have gotten her name so we could request her again next time.

There were so many delicious looking dishes to choose from, we couldn't decide what to get haha My husband ended up getting the fish n' chips, and I ordered a bacon-wrapped scallop appetizer with the gnocchi main dish. My husbands fish looked superb! It was a very large cut of haddock, battered, with shoestring fries - it looked amazing and my husband was very happy with his meal. I found some pieces of the gnocchi had too much salt for my liking, otherwise it was delicious... I had my husband taste it to make sure it wasn't just me, but he said some were too salty also. It wasn't toooo horrible, it was just like the salt hadn't been mixed in properly, or maybe the chef wasn't sure if they seasoned it yet and re-seasoned?? Like I said, I could tell it was good, other than the salt mishap. The scallops were delicious, I have no complaints. We don't usually order dessert, but this time we did and we were soooo glad we did!! The sticky toffee pudding was delicious and we WILL order that again! haha

I found the decor was a very nice contemporary, not overly done style - very cozy.

Although people commented about the food being pricy, we didn't find it pricy at all, unless perhaps you order alcohol with your dinner. We will surely be going back... sooner than later!!!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank AprilfromRocky

leader
“Great food, nice atmosphere”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We ate at one eleven grill and the food was fantastic! We had the drunken muscles for an appetizer, they were probably the best muscles we have eaten! I had the bleuberry beef ribs, which were fantastic, the most tender beef ribs I have eaten and very tasty. My date had a steak and said it was fantastic! The prawns were huge and very cooked to perfection. Very nice atmosphere with a live band playing in the background. They played nice jazzy dinner music. The only thing that was wrong was they were out our first choice of red wine, but they had our second choice, which was still great!
Very good meal and will definately return!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank chris s
Red Deer, AB
“Treated poorly”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Reserved the private dining area upstairs for our staff Christmas party, more than one month in advance. Called a week prior to again confirm the reservation - we had over 20 people attending. On the night of our party, just half an hour before our reserved time, the restaurant phoned to tell me that our party has been bumped!

They seated us in the lounge instead, which is not a private space and did not provide enough room for our entire group to sit together. The restaurant was understaffed that night, so it took about 30 minutes to get our drinks and more than 1.5 hours to get our meals.

This it the 3rd time this restaurant has "lost" or cancelled a reservation on me. While the food is good (not great) and the atmosphere is wonderful, the management is really terrible. I would not recommend it.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank albertan2012
Vernon, Canada
“The best all round food atmosphere and live music”
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Went here with a group of 6. Awesome atmosphere food and great service with a really good live jazz band playing. Great parking on site and central location. Great job! We'll definitely be back.

1 Thank jimimy
Red Deer, Canada
“Worth a try ”
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

My experience was average. It was a Monday night so very quiet. The atmosphere is excellent, beautiful brick and a warm feeling. Service was also good but in my opinion the menu is nothing special. Not much to pick from and nothing really jumped out at me or impressed me. I ended up just ordering an appetizer which did taste amazing and I was more impressed with it than I thought. I would most likely go back again and try more items on the menu