“Nice atmosphere, good service and food”
Review of One Eleven Grill

One Eleven Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
One Eleven Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 330 Restaurants in Red Deer
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Taylor Drive
Description: New restaurant, opened Nov 3, 2011.
Red Deer, Canada
“Nice atmosphere, good service and food”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Good all round restaurant. We had steak and pizza. Both were very good. The service was friendly and reasonable timing for our food in a restaurant. We did not go when the entertainment was there but was easy and comfortable place for friends to visit.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank MyDanesRock

Edmonton, Canada
“Best Atmosphere, good times, great food”
Reviewed March 26, 2012

I attended their New Years Gala. Had a wonderful time and with everything that was included the price was more than reasonable. The food was amazing and I can only hope that they include the Lobster Bisque as a regular menu item! The live music, decor, dance floor and staff create an exciting and fun atmosphere. One of the best nights I've had ringing in the New Year. I will be making the hour drive to attend one of their Live Jazz evenings very soon.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank cantstptravln
red deer
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love this place!!!!!”
Reviewed March 24, 2012

I have to say I cant believe there is anything but good reviews on here. I have experienced One Eleven Grill a number of times and left totally satisfied each time. A few recomendations.... Blue cheese Sirloin (amazing!), seafood linguine, salmon,peach and strawberry salad ( I added shrimp and the person I was dining with added salmon, both were great). The price of our food was really reasonable, not any more than the other restaraunts we frequent in town and the atmosphere is way more desirable. Everything wasnt perfect all the time but the staff and an owner (that made his way into the kitchen to help cook and behind the bar to help because they were so busy) made sure we were happy and that is really all you can ask of a restaraunt. I would definatly recommend this place for lunch and dinner and out for drinks!

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Claire r
“Great night out”
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Went to One Eleven with some friends for dinner. It was a great experience, the blue cheese sirloin was amazing, and the others at my table were well impressed too. The service was second to none, drinks were be we empty, and the knowledge of the server was great. Atmosphere was impressive. We will definately go back. We are tough to please, but the place gets two thumbs up.

1 Thank Onesius9
Red Deer, Canada
“Good food but "interesting" service!”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

We ate at the One Eleven Grill tonight and had a very different dining experience to say the least!!

The decor of the place is very nice with exposed brick walls, cozy booths, dark woods and unique wine displays. The dining room area is upstairs while the lower portion of the restaurant is the lounge, and although the place was busy it was not too loud.

We ordered crab cakes and tuna bites to start then a 14 ounce ribeye to share for our entree. The steak came to the table before the appetizers which is something that has never happened to me before. The waitress apologized as it was someone else from the kitchen who brought us the steak, and spoke to the manager on our behalf. They offered to comp one of the starters, which was appreciated and unexpected.

The tuna was supposed to be "seared" but was way overcooked and very dry. It was cooked most of the way through and had a "woody" texture. Not pleasant, but when you order tuna in Alberta it's a good chance it's going to be frozen thus drier than fresh tuna would be. The salad that accompanied it was a little heavy on the vinegar, but would have worked I think if the tuna hadn't been cooked so much.

The crab cakes were actually really good, with a bearnaise sauce and a garlic aioli that complimented the crab well. The cakes were a nice texture, and were not at all fishy.

The steak was cooked as we requested, seasoned well, and they had trimmed off the perfect amount of fat so the steak was still tasty but not overly fatty.

I would give this place another try based on the fact that the food was decent and service was good although their timing was off.

• Visited February 2012