“Why do I keep going back?”
Review of Swiss Chalet

Swiss Chalet
Ranked #233 of 325 Restaurants in Red Deer
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Why do I keep going back?”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I am a fan of Swiss chalet, always have been! When red deer got the new Swiss chalet not that long ago I was so excited. My first visit was horrible and I gave them the benefit of the doubt because they just opened. Second time we ended up walking out with a free meal because it took them 1 hour and 15 mins to serve us our food. 3rd time we had a waitress who was having some serious Pms issues and being flat out rude to us and the table around us. And just tonight I thought for sure they would have their act together at 5:15 on a Sunday night. It was nearly empty but we still waited quite a while to have even our drink orders taken, there was a piece of cheese floating in my cesaer. We waited longer for our appetizers to come, and even longer for our food! I am so disappointed because I know I can go to Calgary or Edmonton and have a great dinner at Swiss chalet, but red deer pretty much sucks. There are far better locally owned restaurants that are worthy of my dollar. No more Swiss chalet for me! Oh and this time it was my birthday!

• Visited August 2013

Red Deer, Canada
“Birthday”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We enjoyed the food and the service. The staff were pleasant and the food was tasty. We also like the take out and female staff that runs the take out area is very pleasant and takes interest in each customer.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Carolyn S
Edmonton, Canada
“Swiss Chalet As Good As Usual”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

At the time we were there, it was crowded so service was abit slow. Good food. The facility was good; washrooms were clean. The staff was very efficient and friendly. On the whole, a good experience.

Visited July 2013
Rocky Mountain House, Canada
“good food....great service”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

we went to the swiss chalet for dinner.....food was really good....had chicken and bbq ribs....the chicken was well cooked and the ribs were moist and very flavorful.....you can't miss a dinner like this...umm-umm good

• Visited June 2013
Bozeman
“Swiss Chalet”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

This is one of our favourite chain restaurants and I am sure that there is not many people who haven't been before. The food was standard could have been plated better was more thrown together, and was missing the butter for rolls and sauces which we had to ask for. The service was not the greatest, nice girl but had to flag her down anytime you needed anything from a refill of a drink to the missing elements from the meal. I do like Swiss... But Red Deers location seems to need some management adjustments

Visited June 2013