“One of Red Deer's best kept secrets.”

Heritage Ranch Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 321 Restaurants in Red Deer
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Voted "The Most Romantic Place to Dine" in Red Deer... we offer a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere at The Westlake Grill. Located on the south bank of the Red Deer River, the Westlake Grill specialty is the Jack Daniels and Rickards infused Ribeye steak, homemade burgers, daily lunch and supper features along with Ranch made bread, soups and desserts. The Westlake Grill also offers specialty dining experiences that include our exclusive Carriage Date Night Package, Kayak River trips, trail ride date packages and more.
“One of Red Deer's best kept secrets.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

I have heard through the grapevine and my twitter feed, that Heritage Ranch had a good restaurant. We decided to make our first visit on a Sunday. When we got there we discovered they were minutes away from serving a brunch which rundown from 11am to 2pm.

In my experience, brunches are rarely a good indicator of a restaurant, but our meal at this one was exceptional. The food is very well prepared and each item stood out as being delicious on its own. There were the standards of scrambled eggs, eggs benny, sausages, bacon, ham, potatoes. Everything was seasoned well and the scrambled eggs were very creamy.

Their lunch type fare consisted of a rice pilaf which had a Mexican flair, infused with great spice, chorizo sausage, onions, peppers, beef, and more. There was a slow cooked pulled beef dish that had a very unique flavour that I had never tasted before. The soup for the day was a mushroom that had many large pieces of fresh mushroom, carrying a wonderful peppery flavour. There were baked be and that I didn't try, but they looked great.

For desert, there was a selection of fruits and a super moist sticky bun which stole the show. I mean, it was the best sticky bun ever. It will rival anyone's grandma's recipe, I guarantee it!

The service we received was exceptional and very friendly. The girls working all had a pleasant smile and I was being asked if there was anything else I needed constantly, but not annoyingly so.

Decoration is a bit blah. But it's a ranch, so it is fitting. You'll feel comfortable here wearing jeans.

Listen, this review sounds like a sales pitch for the place. The reason is, it's just that good. Honestly, get there and try it.

1 Thank Morbetta
Joel M, Public Relations Manager at Heritage Ranch Restaurant, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Thank you for your amazing feedback! Your experience is what we are striving for every person who walks through our doors to have.

If you liked our Brunch, you will love our Authentic Mexican Soft Taco Buffet every Wednesday night! We'd love for you to come and check it out!

Thanks again for taking the time to review us.

Cochrane, Canada
“Nice owners, poor selection”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

It was Mexican night, which consisted of one guy working an electric skillet with cold burrito fixings. The idea was everyone in the restaurant went up an dstood in line while he made your orde. Took forever and food was cold. Main menu had like four things on it. Nice location though and friendly staff. The cost was very reasonable for what we got, $150 for eight people with drinks and tip.

Visited June 2012
, Public Relations Manager at Heritage Ranch Restaurant, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Thank you for taking a moment to provide us with your feedback.

Monday Night Mexican has become very popular and a lot busier than when we started with the concept. Because of this, we are re-assessing the way we present this night. With a few small changes, we are confident that our customers will not experience cold food or long waits in the future.

As well, we are about to introduce a whole new menu to Heritage Ranch that will offer a variety of options for our guests. We hope our friendly service and great location will bring you back to try out our new Ranch Approved Menu in the future!

Kylie Hateley
Heritage Ranch
Edmonton
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

My fiance and I were headed south for a romantic weekend and read all the reviews about this "romantic" place and decided to stop. Big mistake.

We arrived around 6 and were kept waiting by the door for 15 minutes (even though we had a reservation) and were not told much other than a mumbled..."someone will be right with you."

I can understand if they were busy, but the place was mostly empty. When we were finally shown our table, it was a little one, super close to the other 3 diners in the place. I asked the waitress if there was seething else more private so she showed us to the patio which had PICNIC tables. Dirty ones at that. We were handed a menu with two choices only: steak or pizza.

We decided to cut our losses and run so I can't comment on the food, but I found this to be anything but romantic. A real shame as it has a great location.

, Public Relations Manager at Heritage Ranch Restaurant, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am very sorry to hear that you have had a less than satisfactory experience at Heritage Ranch.

I have taken your feedback on to our Front of House Manager and the issue is being addressed with the serving staff. It is our goal that every person that walks through our door is greeted enthusiastically and made to feel welcome. I am sorry that we fell short in that area in your case.

We are in the midst of redesigning and introducing a new menu that has a variety of choices available for both lunch and dinner. We also have a daily soup, sandwich and feature that is not featured on our menu but listed at the entrance to the restaurant. Perhaps this needs to be featured in a more prominent spot.

As well, we have upgraded our outdoor furniture on one of our licensed decks for a more comfortable dining experience.

Again, I apologize for your less than welcoming experience and I hope that you will give us another chance to redeem ourselves in the future.

Thank you for your valued feedback.

Kylie Hateley
Heritage Ranch
Stayner, Canada
“Fun dinner!!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

Went there with a few friends and we had quite a laugh!!! Ok, the place and food is not that fancy but you get what you pay for....folding chairs and tables and a pretty good mexican buffet....on top of that, you have those 2 mexicans men who come by your table to sing traditionnal stuff to you! Pretty funny!!

Visited June 2012
, Public Relations Manager at Heritage Ranch Restaurant, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to review us! Glad you like our Authentic Mexican Soft Taco Buffet on Wednesday nights. It's a blast! Hope to see you again soon!
Edmonton, AB
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great for groups”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

We were a group of 50 made up of kids and adults, food was fantastic, and staff were super friendly and accommodating. I have been here with 2 teams this year, and both times, I was very impressed. The lasagne is delicious, and the atmosphere is relaxed.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank BeachBabe2007
Joel M, Public Relations Manager at Heritage Ranch Restaurant, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Thank you for your review! We loved hosting your hockey and lacrosse teams. Hope to see you again next season!