“Best Holiday Inn I've been to!”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Red Deer South
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Red Deer
Calgary, Canada
“Best Holiday Inn I've been to!”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I stay here every time I stop in red deer. The rooms are spacious, the decor is chic, the hotel is spotless and best of all its a new hotel. Well run hotel and very easy access to the highway.

The restaurant at th e hotel is slightly higher in price range but breakfast is reasonably priced and delicious. I have had dinner here a few times and the food is excellent. Well worth it.

• Stayed May 2014
Emily M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Red Deer South, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Iadatraveler,
Thank you so much for your review as well as your loyalty to our hotel! We are one of the newest hotels in Red Deer. Our team is always working as hard as they can to ensure that everything from our rooms to our lobby are always in the top condition for our guests.

I will ensure to pass your compliments on to our Executive Chef Emmanuel David. I agree in saying his food is excellent! His culinary team has actually cooked for Queen Elizabeth on one of her trips to Canada! Thank you again for your review and we look forward to connecting with you more in the future!

Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We stayed as a team in town for a tournament. The hotel was modern and very well maintained. Staff were great and very accommodating to our needs as a team. Excellent restaurant facility. Kids enjoyed the pool and waterslide.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Blair P,
Thank you for your review about our hotel. I am glad that your family was able to enjoy all of our amenities from our pool and water slide to the Boulevard Restaurant and lounge with our executive chef Emmanuel David. Our entire team always does what they can to ensure the needs of all of our guests are met, exceeding expectations. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again in the future!

Logan, Utah
Reviewed May 28, 2014

As soon as I arrived, the staff was welcoming and wanted me to know my training meetings for the next three days were going to be well serviced. When we checked out the meeting room, we asked for a small rearrangement of the tables and chairs and the staff quickly made the change. We anticipated about 25 attendees per day to our training seminars.

During all three days, the staff checked on the food and beverages to ensure everything was to our expectations. I really have to say the chef made some really great lunches for our group, something different and delicious each day. We were very pleased with the attention to detail given our group.

I also stayed at the Holiday Inn and my guest room was very nice, with great care taken by housekeeping each day. When I come back to Red Deer, I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Emily M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Red Deer South, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear Roger Y,
Thank you for your review! I am glad our team took care of yours so well! I know our sales and catering as well as our banquet team always ensures every need of our guests are met. I will make sure to pass your comments on to them.
Also, thank you for your compliments on your guest room. I look forward to having you come back again in the future. Next time you will have to try the great food in our Boulevard Restaurant by the same chefs that made your banquet dinners! Thank you again!

Los Angeles
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Nice hotel and friendly staff. Parking lot was packed, which is a usually a good sign. Room was large and very well kept. It is a bit of a pain to get back to in you drive into Red Deer. You have to take the back road, but after the first trip, no problem.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank nonskim
Dear nonskim,
Thank you so much for your review about our hotel! I am glad you enjoyed your stay and that you liked your room. I know our housekeeping is always on double time, ensuring that all of our guests rooms are spotless,
Next time you come to stay, give our restaurant a try! We have award winning Chef Emmanuel David and his culinary team in our kitchen, always creating new dishes that our guests love! Thank you again for your review, and I hope to see you again soon!

Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed May 22, 2014

I recently stayed at his hotel for almost a week while my mother was in the hospital. The staff was friendly and helpful and the rooms were excellent. The staff in the restaurant was excellent and the staff made me feel welcome. I would recommend this hotel to fellow travellers. The hotel is a short distance out of Red Deer but access is very good. I didn't use the pool or spa facilities.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Darcy H
Emily M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Red Deer South, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear Darcy H,
Thank you for your review about our hotel! I am happy that we were able to accommodate you for your solo travel to Red Deer. I hope that on your next trip, you will be able to experience our water park. with either your family, or by simply relaxing in our hot tub. We also have a complimentary business center, so if you do happen to travel this way on business, your needs will be looked after.
Our chef in our restaurant has 5 star ratings and I am gad you were able to enjoy his great dining selections. I will ensure to pass your compliments on to him.
Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed May 17, 2014

This was our second stay at the Holiday Inn and we are already looking forward to our next trip! We were greeted by friendly staff immediately and we were even given an upgrade to make our hotel experience more fun for our children!! The water-slides and pool were clean and so much fun. We also enjoyed a FANTASTIC meal at the restaurant. Again, our children's needs were met right away and we were also treated to an amazing meal. We HIGHLY recommend this hotel and their restaurant!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Brandi H
Dear Brandi H,
Thank you so much for your review! It is so great to hear that your family had such an awesome stay with us! Our water park is the biggest indoor park in any Red Deer Hotel! Our maintenance team is always working hard to ensure it is in top condition!
Next time you come to our hotel, aim for a Friday or Saturday as our Chef, Emmanuel David, has his mouth watering Prime Rib on special!
Thank you again for your review, and we look forward to your next stay here with us!

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed May 15, 2014

We stayed here as we were in town for my daughter's dance competition and it was wonderful! The staff were all very friendly and nice. We had a basic room with two queen beds and it was huge! The bathroom was also a good size! The beds were very comfortable! Loved the down duvet covers and all the different types of pillows! I was very impressed that we had a Kuerig machine instead of a cheap coffee maker you would normally see! The pool was great! The kids had a good time and loved the water slide! I appreciated that every morning they had a great breakfast buffet set up in a room for all the dancers and their parents! We ate at the hotel restaurant called the Boulevard.. very good! The Chef himself even came out to say hello to the guests and ask how the food was which I thought was excellent customer service! Only downside is that is it right off the highway but its only a couple mins drive into town! Overall I thought this hotel was excellent value for the service and amenities! I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Emily M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Red Deer South, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear Lovesoccer75,
I am so glad to hear how excellent your stay was! It is encouraging to hear such positive feedback. We hope to see you again soon!