“An Okay Place for a Seminar - Great Service”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Red Deer South
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Red Deer
Calgary, Canada
“An Okay Place for a Seminar - Great Service”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I was at this hotel for a seminar. The food and environment were okay. Parking was a nightmare as there is very little space for hotel guests and people attending functions at the hotel. Be sure not to park in the business lots close by as they are ready and willing to ticket anyone who is not at their business (motorhome business and Harley Davidson shop). What set this hotel apart was the management's willingness to make a situation right. Many of the attendees were ticketed because they parked in those businesses lots (within the first couple of hours of the seminar - I think they were just waiting to call the bylaw officers!). The hotel management paid all the tickets since they did not have enough parking. That was going above and beyond. I am always amazed when businesses step up and correct mistakes. This says a lot about the management of this hotel and their attitude towards customer service.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Suranga K, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Red Deer South, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear PsychRN12,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are very pleased our team could go the extra mile for you and exceed expectations. We will be sure to pass along your great review. Please come back again soon as we are always striving to give the best customer service possible.

Keerthi Suranga

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
alberta
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I was at a meeting at the i hotel in red deer and the service was amazing , this is not the first meeting i have been to there and always a good clean warm atmosphere and great service. The food is always good whether it be breakfast or lunch in the boardrooms.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank iamwonderwoman
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Great newer facility that has all the amenities, including a high end restaurant.
Manager is a hard working and often takes time to get know guests, or solve problems himself instead of delegate.
Pool
Gym
Slide
Hot tub
All types of of rooms to fit your need or budget

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Suranga K, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Red Deer South, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Allan P,

We appreciate the great review. I will pass along your kind words to our manager. Thanks for letting us know we could accommodate all of your special needs and requirements. Hope you come back and stay with us soon.
Keller, Texas
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is fairly new, clean, and staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are quite large, however the beds are a bit too firm. The restaurant is nice for a quick meals or just a relaxing drink. The location is at the South end of Red Deer, but nothing is very far away. Would stay there again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank carol j s
Suranga K, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Red Deer South, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Carol S

Thank you for the review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel as well as the Boulevard Restaurant & Lounge. We will pass along your kind word to our team!. Hope to have you back soon!

Kind regards,

China
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I would say that the hotel, for the most part was satisfactory, but too expensive. I stayed in a suite for one month and had good service. The lady who looked after my housekeeping needs was friendly and met my needs. I was not offered a breakfast with my room, which would have made the price more realistic in comparison to other hotels. I had internet with my room, but on weekends the wifi was slow. I chose the broadband connection and had no problems. I did not use the pool area or the spa, but observed others enjoying it often.
One of the reasons I chose this hotel was because it was fairly new and appeared clean. My room had a full fridge and very small kitchen area with a microwave to cook or warm up meals.
The hotels location is found on the south end of the city near the main highway heading north and south, making it convenient for those traveling in and out of the city. It is not close to downtown or shopping areas so having a car is a must for this location.
My review may have been better if I had other hotels to compare with in Canada. I normally stay in hotels in other countries and found that this hotel was not up to the standards of hotels of the same price in other places. Perhaps if I'd stayed in other places in and around Alberta I'd have found this one to be of a higher standard. I just felt that for a long term stay with a "discount" it was still too expensive in comparison.
I would, however, recommend this hotel as a short term stay and would be a great place for a family stay for a weekend or holiday event.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear fmsnchina1

We appreciate you taking the time to write this review. Your feedback has been passed on to upper management. We do hope to have you come back again to change your experience.

Best regards,

Reviewed September 12, 2013

We arrived late in the evening as an unplanned emergency stay over and we were very impressed with the accommodations and the customer service!
The food in the restaurant was delicious. The pool and hot tub were most enjoyable.
The front desk people we amazing. Very polite, accommodating and helpful.
We would most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013
Suranga K, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Red Deer South, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Sharcand,

Thanks for your review. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and we could accommodate your needs. I will be sure to let our team members know what a great job they are doing as well as Chef Emmanuel David with regards to his delicious food. We hope to see you again very soon!

Warm regards,

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on a regular basis,they strive yo provide my regular room even on short notice-excellent customer service, very friendly .The restaurant is very good with good service and excellent food. The amenities are overall very good

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank PlatoDan
Dear PlatoDan,

Thank you for the review, we appreciate you taking the time. We are glad to have you as a regular customer! We always try to accommodate our customers to the best of our ability. Hope to see you again very soon.

Regards,