“Hidden Gem”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Red Deer South
Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Red Deer
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We had heard that the restaurant located in this hotel was great. We finally got around to trying it over Thanksgiving weekend with our family visiting from New Brunswick and we were not disappointed. It was so good my husband and I ate there a second time for lunch that same weekend. It is now one of our favourite spots. This place is a little tricky to get into but worth the effort. Thanks to my friend Jeff for the endorsement.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Clare J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Red Deer South, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Dear Teresa, Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. We are very proud to have the Boulevard Restaurant in our hotel and I am really happy to hear that you enjoyed your meals with us. The unique and varied menu created by Executive Chef Emmanuel David offers something for every diner. We look forward to serving you again soon. Best Regards,

Reviewed November 11, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Holiday Inn South Red Deer. It was pricey, but a very new hotel. I would only stay again if I could get a better rate. ($240 for the most basic room). The waterslide was the speediest thing I've ever been on. It was waaay too fast to even consider letting my kids go down. I was disappointed in that, but the hot tub and pool area are nice and clean.
I liked the Keurig (one-cup coffee maker), microwave, and fridge in our room.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Trish B

Hello TrishB, Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Sorry you found the rates high, I believe you were here during the Agritrade Trade Show in Red Deer which does effect the rates for that period. I am glad you found our room ammenities met your expectations. I will look into the slide speed with the maintenance staff. Hope you will come stay with us again on your next trip to Red Deer. Happy Travels!

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed at the hotel during the Agritrade show. The hotel is newer, with a restaurant and bar. I did not try either during my stay but looked busy anytime I went by. If you are looking for a gym to work out int the hotel has a couple of treadmills, cross trainer and a bike. There is a weight machine as well. The bed was comfortable with a choice of soft or hard pillows. To my surprise the had a Keurig coffee maker in the room! I had never tried one before and checked it out. Coffee is nothing like a great espresso, but did the job. Rooms are clean and reasonably quiet.
Front desk staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you prairiephyre for taking the time to write this review. I am really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found everything to your liking. I hope next time you will stop in the Boulevard restaurant and sample something from our popular menu. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Red Deer. Happy Travels!

Reviewed October 17, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed the weekend for a wedding and we didn't get in till late on Friday night. It was VERY foggy that night and we should have listened to our GPS, but we still made it to the hotel.
The rooms were very nice and new, the beds were incredibly comfortable, the shower was great and they had Keurig Coffee in the rooms! They also use Bath & Body Works products for their complimentary products in the bathroom.
We had breakfast in the hotel Saturday morning; I had the western omelet and my boyfriend had eggs Benedict. Both were very delicious and the coffee was great too! We also ate at the Sunday buffet Sunday morning before we drove back home. They had just about everything including; breakfast food, turkey, salads, sushi, crab legs, pasta bar and a huge dessert table.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Clare J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Red Deer South, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! I passed along your comments to the team, who take great pride in providing the best customer experience possible for our guests. I was glad to hear you and your boyfriend had time to take in our fabulous Las Vegas style sunday brunch and enjoyed it as well.
I hope you will come stay with us again on your next trip to Red Deer. Happy Travels.
Regards,

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I often travel from Calgary to Red Deer to meet with a co-worker from Edmonton so that we can work on projects in person. We've started staying at the Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites and it works really well. We book a Family Suite so that we have a small kitchen (for endless coffee from the Keurig!), a comfortable living room area, and a bedroom for each of us. It's like a small apartment, and we accomplish so much in the comfortable setting. We take full advantage of the great restaurant downstairs and maximize our work time.

One thing that really strikes me is how accommodating and friendly all the staff are within the hotel. Whomever does the hiring is doing a fantastic job - the place is very well managed. I would highly recommend to others!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Travelphile, Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. Its great to hear that we are meeting your expectations and you are able to conduct your business at our hotel. The team takes great pride in their work and I think that really shows. Hope to see you again on your next business or pleasure trip to Red Deer. Happy Travels!

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Arrived at this newly built hotel and was very impressed. The room we got was huge. The bed was absolutely so comfortable and lots of pillows. Despite a somewhat sparsely decorated room and small countertop in the bathroom the room was perfect for us. Staff are courteous and very friendly and helpful. The restaurent in the hotel served very nice meals and Chef Emmanuel David is to be commended. All meals can be altered for special dietary requirements. Breakfast was really good. Tea water wasn't hot and pots dripped. Would recommend "butt out" containers outside so that people aren't leaving their butts on the ground. We aren't smokers. We noticed butts laying out front. We checked out the exercise room and the pool. Great spot and well laid out. Lots of space. Thanks so much for a great stay and if we ever get back here we will stay here.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Jeb1957, Thank you for taking the time to write this review of your stay with us. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel and the staff were accomodating. We are very proud to have the Boulevard restaurant in our hotel which thanks to the expertise of Chef Emmanuel David, provides our guests with fantastic menu choices for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Perhaps on your next visit to Red Deer you can enjoy our Las Vegas style Sunday Brunch. Until then, Happy Travels!

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Beautiful hotel, very modern. The pool is an asset. We checked in without a reservation after 10 at night. The staff was very friendly and helpful, they had as In a room relaxing very quickly. The restaurant on site is very convenient and the staff is wonderful. We only ate breakfast and 3 out of 5 of our meals were not to our taste. They were well made and arrived on time, but we're just not something we enjoyed. Stick to the basics if you want a meal you know you'll enjoy.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Odellnap, Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at our hotel. I am glad to hear you found the staff friendly and accommodating and enjoyed our ammenities and the pool. We are pleased to be able to offer our guests inhouse dining in the Boulevard Restaurant. It has a varied menu of very high quality selections and I am sorry to hear that you chose something not suited to your taste. I hope you will come stay with us again on your next visit to Red Deer, and try our Las Vegas Style Sunday Brunch. Happy Travels!